iOS 12 Developer Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I should clarify, email issues have been with the stock email app. I have verified that other apps work with no issues.

Thans for the update.
I don’t care much about emails. I get them when I get them and don’t find it important enough to bother checking if the issue you mentioned also happens on my iPhone.

Having said that, I hope Apple addresses this soon so everybody who is affected by this will continue enjoying iOS 12.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough beta 2 introduced some new CarPlay issues for me. Whenever I shift into reverse my phone disconnects and Maps has issues fetching maps as I’m driving. I’ll see the route but it’s overlayed with a blank gradient.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting this annoying pop up.

db3a3471c5160c3b0f28339f7579f3a6.png

Even when I put in my password correctly it keeps coming back.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Probably tomorrow. Apple tends to drop the major betas on Tuesday’s.

I’m going on on a limb and saying July 10th. This early on in the beta process we don’t see weekly betas. The next public beta will come likely they day after the next dev beta and I can’t see public getting a new beta already next week. Possibly July 3rd but I’m going with on or around July 10th for next dev beta.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m going on on a limb and saying July 10th. This early on in the beta process we don’t see weekly betas. The next public beta will come likely they day after the next dev beta and I can’t see public getting a new beta already next week. Possibly July 3rd but I’m going with on or around July 10th for next dev beta.

Typically there is a wait yes, but now with the public release and the number of GPS issues will probably warrant an update if for nothing other than fixing GPS.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Typically there is a wait yes, but now with the public release and the number of GPS issues will probably warrant an update if for nothing other than fixing GPS.

If GPS was an urgent concern for Apple, they wouldn’t have released it to the public. I really don’t think they will be rushing a beta for that reason.

sircraig2000

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I have the bug where the text isn’t aligned at the top of control center. That’s the only problem I can see so far. Not that big of a deal.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Getting the blank square again under notitfications again. Hadn’t happened for a couple of days until today.

08a481906a69e3b6c9b8c01ba352b17d.png

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So it seems that logging out under iTunes Store in settings and signing back in fixed the issue of the verification pop up.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Dev Beta 2 for a while now and overall its pretty solid. I've just had a couple of bugs related to recording video:

1. Sometimes video footage just doesn't save. I do a lot of filming and sometimes while it says its recording it just doesn't save the footage. This can be a little frustrating but luckily I learned this early and wasn't filming anything too important that I couldn't redo.

2. Sometimes it won't record video at all. It appears to be a memory management issue. If too many apps are open it won't record and pressing the record button doesn't do anything. Clearing out all open apps fixes the problem.

Aside from that and the occasional battery hiccup its been very good. These bugs I've experienced are on an iPhone X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2