What Quality Improvements Suggestions Do You Have For iOS 12?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's rumored iOS 12 will focus on quality improvements, rather than new features. What quality improvements would you like to see in iOS 12?
I'm not even on iOS 11, so I have none of my own.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the iPhone X, make closing out apps the same as on the other iPhone models.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For the iPhone X, make closing out apps the same as on the other iPhone models.

No home button to double tap.

They could really cut out the press and hold on the app switcher step. It seems like overkill. Once the app switcher is open we should be able to immediately swipe to close apps.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The ability to be able to delete individual texts (which I think is already on the drawing board) and to make iTunes more user friendly.

edited to remove strike out this suggestion, because deleting individual messages is already possible. If, like me, you don't know how, here's an earlier iMore article on how to do so: https://www.imore.com/how-delete-imessages-iphone-and-ipad

Last edited:

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I've been hoping for is a stock swipe style keyboard. As of now I really don't have any issues with iOS.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I've been hoping for is a stock swipe style keyboard. As of now I really don't have any issues with iOS.
I've heard a lot of negativity for iOS 11 but I have no complaints whatsoever. I use it on an SE, 6s, 6s+, and two Xes. What am I missing? As for 12? Let me put my icons where I want to.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Wouid be nice to see:

Option to set default apps
Group notifications like on Android
Option to put app icons where I want them
Option to download documents with Safari and save to Files app for local device storage

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wouid be nice to see:

Option to download documents with Safari and save to Files app for local device storage

I doubt setting apps as default would work. Apple would have to grant app developers access to where Apple would not want them to have access. Or something. The only default app I have issues with is Safari. I wish Apple would switch to a better browser as the default.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Wouid be nice to see:

I couldn’t agree more regarding the first two items on your list!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would like to be able to create local folders and store documents locally on my device without going on the cloud.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’d like to have a redesigned lock screen. Maybe to have a widget or two there like the weather, reminders or calendar. That would be nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2