iOS 11.2 Dev Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: 11.2 Developer Beta 3

Before the forum gets crowded, quick question.

Updating to beta 3 on iPhone (beta 2 on iPad). My new iPhone comes in today. Will I just need to set the phone up as new > download the beta profile/update > then restore from backup (the iPhone running beta 3)?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Was hoping for a change in the App Switcher or the option for the battery percentage lol. But I think this is a small change? The little indicator for the CC.
f035a33dd1fbf5b9e80d1b254661a643.jpg

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Before the forum gets crowded, quick question.

Updating to beta 3 on iPhone (beta 2 on iPad). My new iPhone comes in today. Will I just need to set the phone up as new > download the beta profile/update > then restore from backup (the iPhone running beta 3)?

It’s a pain but yeah you’ll probably have to do that.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Update on the X and iPad 10.5. Hope this solves my occasional re-spring that I was getting on the X.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I updated after I got back to the office from lunch today. So far so good with regard to how it’s performing on my iPhone X. I’ll update the iPad Pro later this evening or something tomorrow. I’m updating my work issues MacBook Air at the moment.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to confirm Quick Charge?

If I had a quick charge method I would definitely check it out for you. I’m curious myself.

I haven’t had any issues with notifications on beta 3 so far. They are better than beta 2.

I have noticed more apps closing out or not loading properly on beta 3. Interesting.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t had any issues with notifications on beta 3 so far. They are better than beta 2.

Notifications wasn't what I was asking about. If you are playing music/media through headphones or BT and you disconnect the headphones/BT while it is playing, does the media properly stop playing or does it improperly continue playing on the device's internal speakers?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Notifications wasn't what I was asking about. If you are playing music/media through headphones or BT and you disconnect the headphones/BT while it is playing, does the media properly stop playing or does it improperly continue playing on the device's internal speakers?

My apologies, I didn’t follow through enough with your link. However, I haven’t experienced that audio issue, with Bluetooth. Every time I turn off my BeatsX, even on beta 2, the audio stopped completely. I can check with some wired headphones for you.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I cant 100% say the 7.5w charging is working, but my phone was at a higher % today when I got to work after the commute to the office using the iOttie Qi car dock.

I will see if I get the same results on the way home today.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I checked with wired headphones and when I unplug them music stops. This was all just with the stock music app. It’s the only music app I use.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm the audio start stop bug is fixed in this beta. When I am listening to podcasts or music and take off my AirPods the audio stops. Same with the BT adapter in the car.

on b2 if the BT disconnected the audio would start playing from the iPhone speakers.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
4593440fc21b7604e27f7551934f20bb.jpg

Battery life has been amazing on beta 3 with iPhone X. Battery is on 65% with this usage. My phone hasn’t been plugged in at all today.

Status
Not open for further replies.