Home Screen Rotation iPhone 7+

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue where the home screen(s) won’t rotate into landscape view on iPhone? Every now and then my home screens won’t rotate to landscape even though my apps will successfully do so. Even if I’m using an app that requires landscape view then go to home screen the home screen will still be in portrait mode. Orientation lock is NOT turned on. If I hard reset it fixes the issue for a while.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, sometimes orientation is a bit wonky. I'm using an 8 Plus. Hopefully it'll be fixed in a future patch.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know I wasn’t alone. My wife has a 7+ also but never mentioned it happening to her then I saw it happen yesterday and she told me it’s been happening since 11 upgrade but didn’t mention it.

SandyCreak

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue where the home screen(s) won’t rotate into landscape view on iPhone? Every now and then my home screens won’t rotate to landscape even though my apps will successfully do so. Even if I’m using an app that requires landscape view then go to home screen the home screen will still be in portrait mode. Orientation lock is NOT turned on. If I hard reset it fixes the issue for a while.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’m having that issue too. I have to keep turning it from portrait to landscape a few times for it to work. Sometimes it works right away, sometimes not. Thought it was just me and my 7 Plus.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Until Apple releases a patch to fix it, the best advice I can give you is to lock the orientation, and only unlock it when you need to turn the phone sideways.

My problem is it WON’T turn to landscape. It get stuck on portrait layout only.