Clock App badge

maryjode

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
What does the alarm clock badge on the Zinio app on the right side of the dock mean? I hadn’t used it recently or on another device. The only possibility I can see is that I got an email saying a new issue was available.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Mary and thanks for joining. Unfortunately you would have to contact the developer of the Zinio App for information. Enjoy the site.

maryjode

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I’ve read other posts asking about the same icon on the YouTube app so I don’t think it’s exclusive to Zinio. It’s like the handoff or location badge. It’s never been on the app before I updated to iOS 11. I haven’t seen an answer yet, just the question.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What does the alarm clock badge on the Zinio app on the right side of the dock mean? I hadn’t used it recently or on another device. The only possibility I can see is that I got an email saying a new issue was available.
Oh, you're on an iPad, right? I originally didn't understand what you were asking. That badge with the clock means (I believe) that iOS 11 has learned using machine learning that you often open this app at this time of the day, and it is placing it in the dock on the right side, where suggested apps go, to make it easier to launch the app if you truly are about to run the app.

It will also show handoff badges for items that you may be looking at on computers or IOS devices where the handoff feature is turned on with your Apple ID. That has a little computer or device badge rather than a clock badge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77