iMessage App Icons

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that Apple at some point allows for the customization of the App icons at the bottom of the iMessage.. One in particular, it's a little blue triangle for a weather app called Aerium. Well in order for this App icon to work in iMessage one must purchase the Aerium App for $9.99! Seriously? This is just beyond stupid. I suppose there is no way to delete the Aerium for iMessage app since I didn't install it in the first place. Talk about bloatware!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that Apple at some point allows for the customization of the App icons at the bottom of the iMessage.. One in particular, it's a little blue triangle for a weather app called Aerium. Well in order for this App icon to work in iMessage one must purchase the Aerium App for $9.99! Seriously? This is just beyond stupid. I suppose there is no way to delete the Aerium for iMessage app since I didn't install it in the first place. Talk about bloatware!

Do you mean in the iMessage app drawer? If so, you shouldn't see Aerium, if you haven't downloaded the app. Did you check in the App Store where it says "Manage" for iMessage apps? Not sure I understand. I have the Aerium beta app. It's not worth $9.99 at all. I don't see any iMessage app for it. Maybe not available for beta testers. And I'm not on iOS 11, so my iMessage app drawer is still the old one.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
You can edit the apps that show in the drawer. Scroll over to "More" a the end of the list, and then you will get the option to edit them (set them as active/inactive and add them to favorites).

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
You can edit the apps that show in the drawer. Scroll over to "More" a the end of the list, and then you will get the option to edit them (set them as active/inactive and add them to favorites).

Thanks. I'll try that! If I do this, as I see you can, if I select the delete option, does that just delete it from the iMessage drawer, or entirely?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean in the iMessage app drawer? If so, you shouldn't see Aerium, if you haven't downloaded the app. Did you check in the App Store where it says "Manage" for iMessage apps? Not sure I understand. I have the Aerium beta app. It's not worth $9.99 at all. I don't see any iMessage app for it. Maybe not available for beta testers. And I'm not on iOS 11, so my iMessage app drawer is still the old one.

Yes, if that's what it's called. I see that the Aerium for iMessage in my App Store, but no way to delete it.. I'm a beta tester.. search for Aerium for iMessage. It seems to only be visible in the iMessage app drawer...

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, if that's what it's called. I see that the Aerium for iMessage in my App Store, but no way to delete it.. I'm a beta tester.. search for Aerium for iMessage. It seems to only be visible in the iMessage app drawer...

In the iMessage app drawer, slide left until you see “More”. Then select “Edit”, on top right hand of your screen and select the ones you want to delete or hide.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't see it in my app drawer, but I'm on iOS 10.1.1.