Iphone SE battery taken a random hit in health

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Since iOS 10 my battery has been worse. I've learned to deal with it and have accepted the battery life. However, as of the past few days, my Iphone SE has randomly begun to drop horribly in battery. I've done soft resets, hard resets (both with and without restoring backup), hard reset without installing any apps, etc.

My battery will start at 100% and drop to 99% after only about 20 mins. Of course this varies, but prior to the past few days, it wouldn't drop until around an hour. On top of that, when it drops a percent, it drops 2 or nearly 3% at a time sometimes. So the problems are it drains faster and drains a lot at one time.

This SE still has warranty is practically new. My lightning cable has a split and I'm worried if that is the problem, but when I plugged the phone into a better cable it has still been behaving like this after unplugging.

Again, this randomly started a few days ago. I wonder if my battery went bad somehow? I did drop it once but no damage was made to the phone on the outside and it wasn't a horrible fall, but maybe that ruined my battery?

Any advice on determine software vs bad physical battery would be helpful. Also, I can't hard reset again or I will lose my Apple Pay with my bank and they will not re-verify again because I have hard reset so many times too many...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
100% to 99% in 20 minutes sounds pretty standard to me. How has the total time from 100% to 0% (or at least to low battery) been affected?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replying. My 0-100 has gone from perhaps 6 hrs of onscreen time to 4 tops. It feels very similar to my old iPhone 6 regarding battery life, whereas as of 2 days ago it had phenoenal battery life. 100-99% was basically with 0 on screen time (perhaps a few texts and the same background apps as before. At the time of typing this I'm watching the percentage drop from 87-85 in just 1 min of only typing on this forum. Prior to now it wouldn't have budged...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2