9.3 and crashing Safari

Sander Soots

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
If you have jailbroken device workaround exists:
* Convert swcd plist to xml: iPwn:/Library/LaunchDaemons root# plutil -convert xml1 com.apple.swcd
* Set the value of com.apple.SharedWebCredentials to false

* Reboot

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have 9.3 on my iPhone 6, javascript enabled, and I have not experienced the problem. I don't have the two apps mentioned, nor do I have the Facebook app (mentioning just in case...)

airmanchairman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
#⃣#⃣ Update #⃣#⃣ iOS 9.3.1 has resolved all my issues hurrah!

Crazy weird.

And I can confirm it all seemed to kick off about a week after the 9.3 iOS upgrade. I updated 4 devices successfully.

Strangely enough, it does not affect my iPhones 5 and 5S at all. I own all apps concerned; Booking.com, WhatsApp, Twitter, Wikipedia etc

But my iPhone 4S and my iPad 3 are adversely affected; hyperlinks fail and freeze the app in Mail, Safari, Outlook. However, my 3rd party browsers (iCabMobile, Dolphin) are not affected, and Yahoo Mail as well as Gmail are also unaffected. I tried the Airplane Mode / iTunes / App delete and reinstall hack once on my iPhone 4S and it didn't work, so I haven't bothered to try it on my iPad 3 (too many songs to sync, tedious and lengthy process ;-( ). The Javascript toggle is also ISDN (In Short, Does Nothing!).

Crazy weird...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2