iOS 10 Christmas List

Rturner003

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple need to fix app selection in slide over. My thoughts are you should be able to select which apples go into slide over. A search would be useful.

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Swipe down anywhere from home screen to enable notifications and widgets not spotlight would be especially good for the 6 plus

27John117

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I would love for Apple to make more customizations to the photos app. I wish I can move the camera roll photos into photo albums that I create that way I don't have to go on my computer and take them off just to put them in a folder I create. Also folder within a folder also, so I can organize my photos.

tchaaland

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
It would be great to be able to have several profiles in settings, like a different set of apps "allowed" to use cellular network when roaming compared to when in your home network.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would love for Apple to make more customizations to the photos app. I wish I can move the camera roll photos into photo albums that I create that way I don't have to go on my computer and take them off just to put them in a folder I create. Also folder within a folder also, so I can organize my photos.

I wish we could rename photos on the camera roll.

kaymc

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Not exactly an original idea, but make force touch synonymous with a long press wherever practical (eg context menus on home screen icons) for people who don't have force touch phones..

Last edited:

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly an original idea, but make force touch synonymous with a long press wherever practical (eg context menus on home screen icons) for people who don't have force touch phones..

Won't work on the springboard, as long press already has a function on the springboard.

I just want a bunch of meaningful OS updates. Updating the notes or calendar app is NOT an OS update.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Have several request.

I'll skip the dark theme and hiding stock apps, as I believe that is coming. And don't see a need to allow default apps, if stock apps work.

Focus on stock apps if we have them, make them more usable.

Calendar: When I pick an address of someplace, it shows a top down picture straight from the maps app. I like how Google Calendar will have an actual picture of place. For example, Starbucks. It's just a dot. On Google Calendar, it has a picture of that specific starbucks. Also reminders should be integrated into calendars and Mail as well, so you don't have to open two apps. Also, when I pick travel time in calendar and then go to setting alerts, I can only set them before travel time. For example set travel time choose alert, only options 5 minutes or 30 minute alerts BEFORE travel time. If like to see the ability to set an alert before the actual event. Example I need to be at a place at a certain time and want to take in travel time so I turn it on. I want an alert telling me when I should leave based on travel time and a five minute alert before the START of event.

Mail: @icloud is my email and would like to see the desktop design on the iOS. I think it's cleaner. Also I'd like to see my profile pic for Apple ID to be seen like gmail.

iMessage: it's amazing. I just think maybe it should spread out to other devices outside of iOS. Facebook messenger will have an SMS side to it again here soon and if they make it where you don't need to be friends with that person on Facebook, to send text via SMS/MMS/IM that a lot of people will start using it more so than iMessage especially when trying to reach out to Android users. I know if Apple could make money with it being on Android, they'd do it. Maybe make a striped down version. None of those extra features and take away Apple Pay that's coming for iMessage. Also I like how FB messenger and whatsap can send documents and what not.

News: only videos on Apple TV would be boss.

Games Center: free the Apple TV games from its controller! Put an importance on online interactions and social side to the games available. For example say an MMORPG came out for Apple TV and you became someone's friend online. When you're away, GameCenter could be used as a to interact with that player by sending texts and setting up play dates.

iCloud Drive: just look at Google Drive. Need to free this and it's apps. I honestly believe pages and numbers are far more superior to docs and sheets, but it's just that Google services are free and more available on devices. Maybe I'm the only one but I cannot save anything to my iCloud Drive like I can with Google Drive, unless I drag and drop from my Mac.

Photos: unlimited storage also, stored in iCloud Drive.

Spotlight: look at Google Now. I know Apples stance on privacy and respect it. Would it be infringing on that stance if spotlight and read everything in your phone function like Google Now? For example I have my bills and Amazon hooked up to gmail, solely because when I click on Google now I get a list of useful information. Upcoming events in my calendar, travel time, package tracking from Amazon and upcoming bills. Not only that but I get to see scores from the Cubs game at a glance!

I'd like to spotlight to do the same. Swipe left and gives me immediate useful information like Google Now

I know a lot of Google copying but I think it's not about who does it first, but who does it best. Apple has a way of making things feel complete. I compare Googles services to Apple and see how stack up against each other.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
@kataran
Thank you! I went all in on Apple's stock app a while back and do my best to use them all. I also have a gmail and all of Google's apps, so as that I can compare the two.
Same for me with usage.
My top stock apps is iMessage, news, podcast, mail and Apple Music.