Airdrop in iOS 8....

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I still use the last incarnation in iOS 8 as it shipped with 2 new phones ( 6 and 6Plus ) last month..I'm waiting for 9.0.1 ( or 9.1) to deal with some of the initial glitches on iOS 9 - since all is working well status quo I'm not messing with it now . However, when trying to use airdrop to exchange photos with my wife, the norm seems to be that it will not work ( either the receiving phone does not show at all, or it does, but then simply says 'waiting' when the transfer is attempted , until and unless all apps are force closed closed on both devices.). Is this normal ? I saw it as a 'fix' for occasional airdrop issues but it seems to be the only way to coax it to work. Thanks for any feedback which is out there .....

David

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey, David! How's everything in paradise?
I haven't tried Airdrop on iOS 9 yet. But I will when my wife wakes up. I'll report back.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
What can I say but paradise is paradise ...... 😎😎 I have never used airdrop before as it wasn't on 4s iOS 7 I don't think , but somehow I don't believe that one should have to jump all the hoops ( Wifi & Bluetooth Off then ON again + "force close" all apps ) to make it work ..... It was meant to be a quick solution , but using iMessage is a lot quicker .... Keep us posted, as like in so many things I feel I'm not alone with this issue .... D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What can I say but paradise is paradise ...... I have never used airdrop before as it wasn't on 4s iOS 7 I don't think , but somehow I don't believe that one should have to jump all the hoops ( Wifi & Bluetooth Off then ON again + "force close" all apps ) to make it work ..... It was meant to be a quick solution , but using iMessage is a lot quicker .... Keep us posted, as like in so many things I feel I'm not alone with this issue .... D

Have you guys updated to iOS 9.0.1? It's great on my phone. It fixed the issue in the article you sent me. Maybe try Airdrop again after updating. You're right, it should be simple.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I will do it within a day or so , once download mania subsides - I'm at the end of s long pipe here and at times any knots in the rope get magnified . I'll let you know by the weekend !!

D

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Updating both phones to 9.0.1 solved the airdrop issue BUT disabled most notification sounds 😖😖.... I do hope that when the Apps involved are updated for compatibility with iOS 9 that the notifications will be fixed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2