iBooks and audiobooks

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
After installing 8.4 audiobooks have been moved to iBooks. Overall this makes more sense than the music app, however I have noticed a few huge bugs with this implementation. The title will remember position randomly, other times it starts at a random chapter. The time scrubber is not functioning on some books. Overall it breaks audiobooks as a whole.
Has anyone else seen this behavior or know how to fix it?

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Just a follow up. I was able to fix the problem that I was having and wanted to share it here in case anyone else ran into the same problem. The problem stemmed from Audiobook Builder creating files that are no longer supported by ibooks and iOS. In iTunes I selected the file and clicked the "create sac version" in the popup menu, the file was converted to a compatible format, I lost chapter information but I will take that tradeoff for a file that will actually remember where it was stopped.

Just wanted to share this here in case anyone else has this problem.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The transfer from Music to iBooks had screwed my audio book management. I have two "albums" of audiobooks, each is part of a separate series of stories under the same production banner. In Music, they were grouped as such: As albums with separate track titles.

In iBooks, they are now each individual chapters of a book, the book's title being what I had previously named the album grouping.

The problem? They are not chapters of a book, each one is it's own item.

Solution: Change their media type from audiobook to music. Didn't have to change the files themselves, iTunes moved them back to Music, regrouped them as albums with separate tracks named according to their titles, and all I had to do was also ensure that they had a unique Genre (Audio Drama in my case).

Is there any actual benefit to putting them back into Audiobooks? I'm still miffed that Apple separated out the Podcasts.

Ken Demming

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issues with IBooks Audiobooks not remembering my position. It often reverts back to the beginning of the chapter or some previous chapter.

My biggest complaint is that when I am docked the remote control for my docking station (except for the volume and mute controls) no long works for the IBook application (Play, Pause, Forward, Back). The controls still work find for IMusic, and Audible. I hate this as my docking is on the dresser, and I like to lay in bed and listen to books before I go to sleep. I miss not being able to pause and restart it from my bed.

ArnoldB1rd

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I had exactly this problem and hated the way audiobooks are now organised. After trying a few taps nothing seemed to show books the simple way they are organised in iTunes, so I made an app "Audiobook Browser" (my first app) to do it. There is a free version, so see if it solves your problems too!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4