How to sync games between iPhone 5 and iPad Mini?

GameGuru

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
i am playing Oceanhorn and Dragon Quest on my iPad Mini and installed them on my IPhone 5 but don't want to start over. How can I sync the saves?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping someone would have a good answer. Maybe they still will. All I know is that some game apps store progress in iCloud that can be synced, but most do not. If there's another way, I don't know it. So if it's not in iCloud, the only recourse I know is to contact the developer for help. Many developers don't want to use iCloud for syncing game progress. Not sure why. One way they could and should do it, is use Dropbox. Maybe in the near future there will be a good way.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Create a backup of your iPad Mini and then restore that backup onto your iPhone 5. Some apps save have the option to save files to iCloud, but I'm *assuming* the games you mentioned do not.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are the games "universal" apps? If the apps are not "universal" (meaning there are separate iPhone and iPad versions), the game progress might not sync.

GameGuru

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't want my iPhone and iPad mirrored as there apps on both I don't want on the other. Both games I mentioned are the same game on both, it isn't a specific iPad version or anything.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't want my iPhone and iPad mirrored as there apps on both I don't want on the other. Both games I mentioned are the same game on both, it isn't a specific iPad version or anything.

If the games you mentioned do not have a sync, backup or sync to iCloud feature and you don't want to restore a backup made with your iPad then there's no way to do what you're asking, to the best of my knowledge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2