Why are photo edits being lost when uploading to a Windows computer?

anon(4757398)

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I spent a few hours editing ( mostly cropping) photos with the stock Photos app.
I then uploaded the photos to my Windows 7 computer to save them.
The modifications were lost. I was afraid of this when it was announced that the edits were separate from the photo.
Does this lock us into Apple's ecosystem? What happens when I want to have some photos printed? Can I save the edited picture with the edits all included in the photo?
I loved the edit function in the Photos app but I would not use it again if I can't find a solution to this.
Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I mean, I have all Apple products in regard to computers and smartphones. Having said that, if I crop a photo and then upload it to Dropbox, and then view the photo by log gin in via the Dropbox website, I am able to view the cropped photo. Although, I'm using Safari to login to the Dropbox website to view the cropped photo on via my MacBook, I'd like to think the image would be the same regardless of the computer I was using. Give it a try and see if the results are the same for you.

anon(4757398)

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I took a photo on IOS 8 Iphone, edited it in photo app, uploaded it to dropbox.
Signed in to dropbox on windows computer and looked at photo, it was okay with edits included. Downloaded it to windows computer and it still was okay viewed with the Windows picture viewer. However if I downloaded the same picture directly from my Iphone to the computer and viewed it with the same Windows viewer the edits were lost.
Funny, before downloading it you see thumbnails of the pictures so you can select them. I could see even from the thumbnails that the picture had lost its edits.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77