Will I get billed double for Family Sharing & iCloud Storage?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Family Sharing & iCloud Storage Question

Both my wife & myself upgraded our iCloud Storage from the free 5GB to 200GB for ?2.99 a month using our own Apple iD's prior to updating to iOS 8 & setting up family sharing, and I wondered that now we are using Family sharing will I get billed for 2 separate lots of iCloud Storage as I'm the Family Sharing Organizer or will we both get billed for our own Storage as we both paid from our own Apple ID's that have our own cards associated to them?

Roland

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Family Sharing & iCloud Storage Question

I believe you would be billed for two separate lots of storage.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

i believe you will both have the 20 gigs of storage each- was that not what you were asking?

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

i believe you will both have the 20 gigs of storage each- was that not what you were asking?

I was asking if I'd get billed for my wifes 200GB of Storage along with my own 200GB of Storage now that we are using Family Sharing or will we both get billed for our own 200GB of Storage as we both upgraded our storage before setting up Family Sharing?

Roland

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I thought for family sharing you have to have the same credit card on both accounts. My guess is if there is no iTunes money left in account it would be billed to the main credit card on file

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I thought for family sharing you have to have the same credit card on both accounts. My guess is if there is no iTunes money left in account it would be billed to the main credit card on file

I asked on the Apple support forums and got this reply

You should both be billed separately for the storage associated with your individual iCloud accounts (IDs). iCloud storage is not shared with Family Sharing.

Will wait and see if I get an Invoice with both lots of iCloud Storage on or not on Friday when we get billed.

Roland

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I asked on the Apple support forums and got this reply

Will wait and see if I get an Invoice with both lots of iCloud Storage on or not on Friday when we get billed.

Roland

Right but if you set up family share then you had to change the credit card on file to match each other. You will both be billed separately but the charge will go on the credit card currently on file. That's how I understood purchases going forward.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77