Problem sending email with iOS 8 and IPhone 6

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think this is more an IOS 8 issue but my wife and I have the same problem and also read a few other posts about this today. Outgoing messages fail to send. Problem seems to be with SMTP server and loss or corruption of password. Sometimes I get a prompt to enter SMTP password and other times message just winds up getting stuck in the outbox which one may not always notice. Re-entering the password in the Mail, settings, SMTP usually will correct the problem but not sure for how long. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. You might want to check your Outbox to see if there are any messages in there.

anon(9098462)

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It's iOS 8 issue, i even reported this in half stage of beta, but it look they didn't make this work, from my mailboxes, 3/4 is working, for instance gmail. But the rest little bit unknown, couldn't send message.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a feeling it is IOS8 because someone reported problem with both IPhone and IPad. They need to get this fixed.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've had a few weird issues with my email on iOS 8's stock mail app. I switched to another app for the time being.

bizrover12

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone still having problems sending emaIls?
seems like its a bug, i rang apple yesterday and they were not much help. i told them i had deleted the account numerous times, the password was correct even though it kept saying it wasnt, i reset network settings, restored the phone and still is not working, very frustrating!