I want to upgrade my iphone 5s ios 7.0 out of jailbreak and into 7.1 to use the new jailbreak pangu.

Adam Chupp

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I want to upgrade my iphone 5s ios 7.0 out of jailbreak and into 7.1 to use the new jailbreak pangu.
Pretty straight forward problem but the real trouble arises when I try to update. When using the iphone update software window I am greeted with a never ending pin wheel of loaderdom. When using the computer, the stupid thing wants to back it up but always says that it cannot complete because backup cannot be stored on computer. I am using a mac. Any help?

Sincerely,
TheChupp

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pretty straight forward problem but the real trouble arises when I try to update. When using the iphone update software window I am greeted with a never ending pin wheel of loaderdom. When using the computer, the stupid thing wants to back it up but always says that it cannot complete because backup cannot be stored on computer. I am using a mac. Any help?

Sincerely,
TheChupp

You can't do an OTA update on the iPhone itself because the jailbreak prevents it. You can decline the backup. Or, you could just put the phone in DFU mode and iTunes wouldn't have anything to backup. Just be sure you have an iCloud backup to restore for when it updates.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Download the update through iTunes. You should be prompted whenever you connect an 'out of date' iPhone. Restore your phone and update it on your computer. Then you can proceed with Pangu.

Adam Chupp

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I want a full back up but a full back up, as far as I know, on icloud is impossible. just data backups. i want to back it up on my computer. Is there a way to do this whether it be through itunes or a third party application?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I want a full back up but a full back up, as far as I know, on icloud is impossible. just data backups. i want to back it up on my computer. Is there a way to do this whether it be through itunes or a third party application?

A full backup on iTunes and iCloud are the same. It's not just data. It's how you had everything set up like the organization of your app icons, camera roll, app data, etc.

When on your phone when you go into settings-icloud scroll down to the bottom and go to "Storage and backup" and you'll see what I mean. It gives you a full backup of your phone and not just things like Contacts, mail, etc.

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
iCloud seems to be a better backup in my opinion. iTunes doesn't put everything back, u have to sync some data over.

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't put back music or apps for example. U have to go in and manually redownload them whereas iCloud restores it exactly how u had it to begin with.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't put back music or apps for example. U have to go in and manually redownload them whereas iCloud restores it exactly how u had it to begin with.

When you backup on iTunes you're backing up the apps and music and those things are stored on iTunes which makes it easier to restore instead of using bandwith to re-download. Also makes it the restore that much quicker. I recommend people backup on both if they can. If not, of course iCloud is the best thing you can do.

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
When you backup on iTunes you're backing up the apps and music and those things are stored on iTunes which makes it easier to restore instead of using bandwith to re-download. Also makes it the restore that much quicker. I recommend people backup on both if they can. If not, of course iCloud is the best thing you can do.

Why do two steps when iCloud is a smooth one? Personal preference lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Why do two steps when iCloud is a smooth one? Personal preference lol.

What two steps? That's fine if it's your personal preference. I came to correct misinformation in your original post saying that an iTunes restore doesn't "put everything back" is all. That's not true at all.

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well it is if you're speaking specifically towards only restoring a backup. You still have to sync certain info back over and things could have changed on your computer that didn't on your phone. I prefer my phone to be exactly the same when I'm restoring a backup.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well it is if you're speaking specifically towards only restoring a backup. You still have to sync certain info back over and things could have changed on your computer that didn't on your phone. I prefer my phone to be exactly the same when I'm restoring a backup.

An iCloud backup specifically only restores a backup too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77