How quick do you think an iOS 8 jailbreak will be released?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
As we all know by now, Apple releases a new iOS annually. Every year people update their phones (completely forgetting about the jailbreak) or buy a brand new iPhone (with the new iOS on it, so you have to wait anyway); and have to wait weeks or even months until there is a jailbreak available for the new iOS. With Apple cracking down on all of their security bugs and loops it seems to be getting harder for the "hackers" to catch up but with all of the work that they do on a daily-bases, how quickly do you think a jailbreak will be released for iOS 8?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going with 3-4 months after release. Although I hope it is sooner.

Saying that though, as more and more Cydia tweaks are embedded in the default OS, maybe a jailbreak will no longer be necessary for me to get the kind of functionality I want.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken it should be within 3 months at the latest, since I remember reading that Evasi0n (the JB team) has a few exploits saved. (It's what they replied to someone who wanted to know if they'd patch iOS 7.1 if I recall correctly)

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Seriously?
No one can predict how fast the JB will be released. Developers get a chance to play with the beta versions so it can be anywhere from the same day to next year...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2