Does "Safe Mode" look the same in iOS7 JB as with previous JBs?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
My device seemed to respring on it's own but everything looked as it should and I got no pop up message indicating my device had entered safe mode as I would with previous JB on iOS6. However, all my tweaks were clearly disabled and not functioning at all. Some of the preferences in Settings, when viewed, were blank or missing. I did a power down then turned back on and everything seemed to be working. It effectively seemed to be like "safe mode" but I got no message about it. Can anyone confirm if there is an on-screen message indicating you have entered safe mode with iOS7 JB?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There is no message. I went into safe mode right after installing a tweak and the only way I could tell was because the bitesms icon changed back to the messages.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The background goes grey. If you tap the top of the screen it'll tell you you're in safe mode. But, it's not acting as it did in prior jailbreaks.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
This is very helpful info. I'm surprised there aren't more threads on this variation from previous jailbreaks. I also don't recall a gray screen when all my tweaks stopped working. Literally nothing looked different that I recall. Only giveaway was that actions which would usually invoke tweak action didn't work. That was the only initial tipoff that I remember. Will have to look around more if it happens again... Which I hope it does not!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That's good to know because I think I was in safe mode for a few hours after I first jailbroke my iPhone and didn't notice because it doesn't say it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Substrate safe mode hasn't been updated for iOS 7 yet.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

I'm thoroughly confused by this comment.
I could've sworn safe mode was update when cydia substrate updated.
Do you end up in a quasi-safe mode those times when you crash?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I do.

I'm about to have to uninstall Winterboard. Since I've installed it, my phone has crashed at least ten times in less than a day. When mine goes to safe mode, I get the gray background and the four icons on my dock rather than 5. I don't get the pop up message anymore. I just open WB and tap an option then untap it and respring and I'm all set.

I may give Dreamboard a try. I just want something that hides icon names. I don't need to see all that. I know what they are.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Saurik made substrate safe mode separate from cydia substrate during the iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak or iOS 6 jailbreak (I can't remember exactly when). They both come up as separate packages in cydia.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine just crashed. Again.

I uninstalled Winterboard.

This is a screen shot of what mine looks like after a crash:

IMG_2384.png

Is there a tweak I can install that hides app names?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a tweak I can install that hides app names?

Yes, you're able to do that in winterboard. It says "no dock icon labels" and "no undock icon labels". Select those and respring! There's nothing that needs to be installed.

Final answer is that safe mode is updated for ios7 and arm64

Indeed! I came back here to tell you guys.

ehyqytyz.jpg

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you're able to do that in winterboard. It says "no dock icon labels" and "no undock icon labels". Select those and respring! There's nothing that needs to be installed.

I had to uninstall WB. It kept crashing. See my post above which is why I asked about Cydia tweaks. My phone kept crashing about every hour.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77