Removing old Cydia files

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Am I right in saying that if I back up my jailbroken iPhone's contents to iTunes, it will back up everything apart from Cydia and all related tweaks?

If so, does this mean it will back up none of the Cydia files? This will be great as it means I can back up my phone, restore it to remove all tweaks, re-jailbreak and only install the tweaks I know I'm going to use.

The reason I want to do this is because I've been installing loads of tweaks, then uninstalling them, so surely there will be some old files left that will slow down my phone in the long run?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
When u back up your phone, some jailbreak data saves also which is why it's a good idea to restore as new if something has gone wrong with your phone so u don't transfer corrupted files over. If you want to start fresh and preserve your jailbreak, run iLex-rat. It will restore your iPhone as new but preserve your jailbreak and iOS. Make a backup in iCloud for your contacts and text. Super quick and simple. I made a step by step guide in the Guide section if you have any questions on how to do it. GL

Acidrop

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I just read through the guide you wrote - it seems simple enough. :)

Can I just ask some opinions. Seeing as I've installed/uninstalled loads of tweaks since the jailbreak, do I restore and reinstall any tweaks afresh, or do I leave it the way it is. If it ain't broke and all that...