New guy from android few questions.

Danzoman

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought it might be easier to make one general topic instead of spamming the board so ....

Is there anyway to have the notes app share between two devices like calendar? Like for instance my wife adds something to her Christmas list and it syncs to my iPhone.

Also is there a way to directly access an app from the lock screen? For example. I get a text and the alert pops up, can it be set up to go directly into iMessage on unlock? I am using touch I'd btw.

One last thing. Regarding usage. Is there an app that will let me know what apps in particular are draining my battery/causing wake locks etc and also desperate the screen on time?

Sorry, I'm converting from about 5 years of frustration with android so these might not be my only questions. 😜

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought it might be easier to make one general topic instead of spamming the board so ....

Is there anyway to have the notes app share between two devices like calendar? Like for instance my wife adds something to her Christmas list and it syncs to my iPhone.

Yes. the iCloud syncing allows for Notes to sync between devices as well as your Macs (and Windows via the iCloud control panel).

Also is there a way to directly access an app from the lock screen? For example. I get a text and the alert pops up, can it be set up to go directly into iMessage on unlock? I am using touch I'd btw.

If you have the iMessage alerts on your lock screen, then yes. However, you cannot add apps to your lock screen in the sense that the camera app is there, for example.

One last thing. Regarding usage. Is there an app that will let me know what apps in particular are draining my battery/causing wake locks etc and also desperate the screen on time?

Not that I know of.

Sorry, I'm converting from about 5 years of frustration with android so these might not be my only questions. 

First of all, welcome to iMore!

I?ve tried to answer your questions as best I can within your post above...

Attachments

• IMG_1979.PNG
    IMG_1979.PNG
    151.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Danzoman welcome to iMore!!!

Let's answer some of those Questions:

For Notes I think Evernote is the platform of choice, it supports all the major platforms and syncs flawlessly ... Did I mention it's free?

If you swipe the notification when you unlock it will take you directly into the app that sent the notification

Best part about iOS is that it is more sandboxed than Android, you won't need to hunt down wake locks etc, for me I just trust the system and have no issues, that's the beauty of iOS 99% it just works ;-)

Again welcome to iMore!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I'm converting from about 5 years of frustration with android so these might not be my only questions. 😜

I second the Evernote suggestion if the stock app isn't doing it for you or if the wife is on another platform. It is solid. Other choices would be Wunderlist or Google Drive. Wunderlist is a little ugly and can be clunky at times but works well for shared lists. Drive is...Drive. It works well anywhere but in this case you have a blank canvas you have to work with and make your own.

Danzoman

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
First of all thanks for the warm welcome. iOS is by nature supposed to be simplistic and I fear some of my questions might have been repetitive. One of the reasons I bought my 5s was being tired of flashing half rigged roms so I've seen my share of flaming in the other forums but moving along ;) ...

I logged into iCloud and set my reminders to be shared with my wife so hopefully that will work out. I think I was off base with the whole wake locks question after reading how ios handles it's apps in memory. I play Tiny Death Star a lot and it's the kind of game that updates in the background on its own I'm just wondering how that works if ios freezes apps in memory. And the lock screen thing I don't know of that will work with the touch ID. When I get a notification you can't swipe directly into it because of the password fail safe. Maybe missing a setting somewhere but if no big deal it's right there on the home screen. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll have more questions soon....

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
First of all thanks for the warm welcome. iOS is by nature supposed to be simplistic and I fear some of my questions might have been repetitive. One of the reasons I bought my 5s was being tired of flashing half rigged roms so I've seen my share of flaming in the other forums but moving along ;) ...

I logged into iCloud and set my reminders to be shared with my wife so hopefully that will work out. I think I was off base with the whole wake locks question after reading how ios handles it's apps in memory. I play Tiny Death Star a lot and it's the kind of game that updates in the background on its own I'm just wondering how that works if ios freezes apps in memory. And the lock screen thing I don't know of that will work with the touch ID. When I get a notification you can't swipe directly into it because of the password fail safe. Maybe missing a setting somewhere but if no big deal it's right there on the home screen. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll have more questions soon....

Ask away, that's what we are here for ... Again welcome to iMore, enjoy your new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2