Can I use a Bluetooth speaker with the alarm in clocks?

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am hearing impaired. With my hearing aid out, I can hear about 40% of what everyone else can hear.

With that being said I purchased an AUVIO Bluetooth speaker and it is really loud and has a great sound for its size. but when I set an alarm to go off to wake me, the sound will not go through the Bluetooth speaker. Needless to say I sleep with my hearing aid out of my ear laying on the table beside the speaker.
So my question is, is there a simple fix, am I doing something wrong?
I am using iOS 7 .0 .3 on an iPad mini and the alarm I am using is in the stock Clock app.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
That's a really good question, I haven't found anything on it. Or able at this moment to try it out. But maybe someone here can help you out.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When setting the alarm... try using a song that's in your iTunes library instead of an alert tone... the song should go through the Bluetooth speaker... alert tones usually don't as far as I know.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When setting the alarm... try using a song that's in your iTunes library instead of an alert tone... the song should go through the Bluetooth speaker... alert tones usually don't as far as I know.

I just tried your idea, but the song didn't go to the Bluetooth speaker. Next I gave the command to my iPad mini to play that same song, and it did play through the Bluetooth speaker.
Maybe I can just patch it using an audio cord from the iPad mini to the speaker. I will try to find one of those and see if that works.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I did attempt to use a song as suggested, however that didn't work either.
I did accomplish my goal by using a patch cable between the ipad and the speaker. The alarm was good and loud.
Thanks for the input!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandobro