AT&T Unlock Personal Hotspot without jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This really isn't the best thread to revive to ask that. If you have plan questions, why don't you ask your provider? They likely know as they're paid to know

InCali

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I was going to read this, but after reading one email, it became clear to me that the "moderator" needed to remove that stick that got stuck. Bye folks.

oldtimerguru

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok nobody seems to know what there talking about in this forum

First tethering is not stealing anything , you have a set data amount no matter if you tether or ( personal hot spot ) or not . Your not using anymore data then if your not tethering. There is no difference , so what are you stealing . Nothing you have a set amount of data, it should not matter what you do with it and is why personal hot spots are now included on all apple devices for free

all apple devices now have free personal hot spots and tethering and is included free in the new cellular contracts

The people getting cough are the same people stealing cellular service . Thats a fact . There was a time but Its to costly for a cellular company to track down and prosecute a hacked phone if its not stealing service. Hacking and tethering was a breach in contract but not stealing

All the cellular companies where concerned about at that time was about was overwhelming there hardware with to much data ( cell towers ) at that time the cellular towers and there hardware was not designed for the new smart phones and all the data they use

Now att just spent the last 3 years upgrading and adding new cellphone towers and it shows

The reason the ipad2 does not have a personal hot spot is the physical design of the iPad2,
I not going into that any farther, but has nothing to do with paying for tethering or your contract . Tethering and personal hot spots are now free and included on ipad3 and newer ipads and iPhones

All new apple devices have personal hot spot and or teathering

I have been in the computer field for over 4 decades before the first personal computers.

I have countless computer world records

I have worked with att and microsoft since before the windows operating system helping resolve issues

Please dont take this the wong way but i feel as if i am in a kindergarden forum

Amazing how peaple love to talk of what they not know and even argue over thing when both parties are incorrect. You guys wasting your breath and my time

Get a life, even better a newer ipad that supports personal hot spots and tethering and stop arguing over spilt milk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
First tethering is not stealing anything , you have a set data amount no matter if you tether or ( personal hot spot ) or not . Your not using anymore data then if your not tethering. There is no difference , so what are you stealing . Nothing you have a set amount of data, it should not matter what you do with it and is why personal hot spots are now included on all apple devices for free
You're missing their point. Many of the users are on grandfathered unlimited plans. In these settings, any points you make about a "set amount of data" shows you don't understand what infinite really is. For any other plan, their argument is similar to claiming that if you go to a theater with two movies, A and B, and pay for A it is stealing for you to determine you don't like A and go watch B instead. In theory, you spend the same time at the theater. You just added functionality by walking between the two rooms. They view it as stealing. I tend to disagree with the claim. But, that's not the point. You must understand their point to make any claims about their level of understanding in the topic. Start with that.
The people getting cough are the same people stealing cellular service . Thats a fact . There was a time but Its to costly for a cellular company to track down and prosecute a hacked phone if its not stealing service. Hacking and tethering was a breach in contract but not stealing
What exactly are you on? Nobody is talking about a "hacked" phone. The conversation of jailbreaking is only relevant as it allows you to install other apps. The providers simply don't care about this. They DO care about the tethering apps. They've also, factually, sent threatening letters to paying subscribers in reference to their tethering. There's several ways to detect this. The apps at the time used a communication means that made it much easier to detect, for one. The fact you brought up isn't relevant. It's like me pointing out beef comes from cows. While factually true, it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. We don't care about providers seeking out jailbroken phones. They seek out both those that tether and those that steal service. Welcome to the conversation.

Now att just spent the last 3 years upgrading and adding new cellphone towers and it shows
If we're being fair, we would note having fewer users on a network helps with increased speeds. We should expect the higher data rates to attract more users and bring the network down a bit. But, let's pretend we don't understand how networks work.
All new apple devices have personal hot spot and or teathering
That's not the discussion. Please understand the topic before including yourself or feeling the need to bump an old thread to add nothing to the conversation.
I have been in the computer field for over 4 decades before the first personal computers.
I have countless computer world records
I have worked with att and microsoft since before the windows operating system helping resolve issues
Who are you trying to impress? People that don't understand tech simply won't care. Those that do will know better. Even if we take you at your word, this likely means you work with processor architecture. That has absolutely nothing to do with a discussion of contracts and ethics. That's what this conversation is really about. Your area of expertise doesn't really add anything to your credibility.
Please dont take this the wong way but i feel as if i am in a kindergarden forum
Amazing how peaple love to talk of what they not know and even argue over thing when both parties are incorrect. You guys wasting your breath and my time
You'd fit right in with your inability to spell basic words, grasp elementary logic, or comprehend what you read. You should be proud of one thing: Keith and I rarely see eye to eye. Your offering to the conversation was so beyond asinine we appear to agree on what we think of your opinion.
Get a life, even better a newer ipad that supports personal hot spots and tethering and stop arguing over spilt milk
Hopefully, one last time will bring the point home. This statement has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. The iPad has nothing to do with the contract. It has nothing to do with the ethics of the clauses the provider is adding to the contract. Please, take some time to formulate an educated opinion before bumping any other zombie threads.

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Aren't moderators suppose to keep the damn topics on point? and not derail them to another discussion?

Now back to the point, is it actually working?

anon(9316360)

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
As am I. And since I have a PREPAID plan I should be able to use what I have already paid for as I wish. Tethering should not be restricted on prepaid plans, locked or unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.