Stock weather app showing wrong day

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't say that I have experienced anything like that on my native weather app. Also i don't know if a reboot would help but if you are not too deep into the phone yet and can do a backup first of course. You may want to start over e up your phone as new and see if that makes a difference.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with the stock weather app where it shows the weather from the day before?

Apple uses Yahoo as the data source for weather... sometimes, their feed gets behind... last time I noticed it, I rebooted my phone and worked fine after that...

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I rebooted this morning and it went away then came back. My wife told me she is having the same issue low, so it's probably a yahoo issue.

I'll leave it alone for now.

Mary Brooks

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I noticed this yesterday (Sunday 09/22). Some of the cities in my weather app showed Saturday, some showed Sunday. I rebooted the phone. Nothing changed. I quite the app, and everything seemed to be OK, but about half an hour later, they were all showing Saturday. Today (Monday, 09/23) they were all fine, until just a short while ago. Now they are indicating Sunday.

Weird.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also had this problem yesterday(Sunday) and it was showing Saturdays weather, raining, while it was actually sunny and clear yesterday, lol. So I decided to turn off location and app refresh for the weather. I then went into the weather app and put in my zip to find my town. Since then it's been fine, but I don't have it in my notification center anymore. Probably in a couple of days I will turn it back on and see how it goes again. :)

Just to add, on ios6.1.3 I also had an issue here and there where it wouldn't update properly. Like kch mentioned above, the weather info gets pulled from Yahoo and front time to time, it gets wonky.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was noticing that over the weekend (Pacific time). I believe it updated late in the day. Looking at it now (around 4:30pm), it's showing the correct day. Could be something where it's updating based on some other time zone than what it should be, will need to look at in the morning and see if it is still happening. Or it could be something with Yahoo like the others have mentioned.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was noticing that over the weekend (Pacific time). I believe it updated late in the day. Looking at it now (around 4:30pm), it's showing the correct day. Could be something where it's updating based on some other time zone than what it should be, will need to look at in the morning and see if it is still happening. Or it could be something with Yahoo like the others have mentioned.

Check your timezone? Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > [ON]

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It definitely appears to be a yahoo issue. I am not having that issue with any other weather app that I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

AllanRosen

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes-- I'm having the same issue and I've tried everything. I've closed the weather app, rebooted the phone multiple times. Sometimes it shows the correct date and sometimes it doesn't. Often different cities will show different dates.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2