darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys:) I was wondering if there is a way to disable the password for when i make updates to apps?? But i don't want to disable them all. I just want to be able to update an app witout having to write my password. I want to use the pass only for buying and downloading them. Is there a way? Ty and have a nice day ^_^

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys:) I was wondering if there is a way to disable the password for when i make updates to apps?? But i don't want to disable them all. I just want to be able to update an app witout having to write my password. I want to use the pass only for buying and downloading them. Is there a way? Ty and have a nice day ^_^
There is not way to disable the password prompt for apps. It's a security measure. Still, if you are using iOS 6.x.x, the only time you should be asked to enter a password is when you're purchasing an app or downloading an app you've never downloaded before. You should not be prompted for your password when merely "updating" the apps you currently have.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is not way to disable the password prompt for apps. It's a security measure. Still, if you are using iOS 6.x.x, the only time you should be asked to enter a password is when you're purchasing an app or downloading an app you've never downloaded before. You should not be prompted for your password when merely "updating" the apps you currently have.

If setting for "require password" under settings -> general -> restrictions is set to always then yes you need to enter your password every time you purchase or update apps. If it's set to 15 minutes then you only need to enter your password 15 minutes after your last purchase but you don't need to enter the password for app updates

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If setting for "require password" under settings -> general -> restrictions is set to always then yes you need to enter your password every time you purchase or update apps. If it's set to 15 minutes then you only need to enter your password 15 minutes after your last purchase but you don't need to enter the password for app updates

The OP asked if there was a way to "disable" entering passwords for apps and there is no way to do so. Yes, you can postpone entering it for 15 minutes at a time, but you are still prompted for your password on your initial app purchase.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The OP asked if there was a way to "disable" entering passwords for apps and there is no way to do so. Yes, you can postpone entering it for 15 minutes at a time, but you are still prompted for your password on your initial app purchase.

So what you guys r saying is that, if i set it to 15 minutes, will it require password as a buy an app or in game stuff? Will they take money from me if i do so? Cause i would like to have a pass for when i get an app and for when i purchase in game stuff. So if i set it to 15 minutes what does tht exactly mean in what concerns the bill? And ty both for helping.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The OP was asking if there was a way to disable entering passwords for app updates while having to enter passwords for app purchases and I was listing the options available. I could of read it wrong though

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The OP was asking if there was a way to disable entering passwords for app updates while having to enter passwords for app purchases and I was listing the options available. I could of read it wrong though

No, you didn't read it wrong. I did, but both our answered are correct, thankfully...;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So what you guys r saying is that, if i set it to 15 minutes, will it require password as a buy an app or in game stuff? Will they take money from me if i do so? Cause i would like to have a pass for when i get an app and for when i purchase in game stuff. So if i set it to 15 minutes what does tht exactly mean in what concerns the bill? And ty both for helping.

You will have to pay any time you buy an app, regardless of the timing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So what you guys r saying is that, if i set it to 15 minutes, will it require password as a buy an app or in game stuff?
Let's say you have it set for 15 minutes. That means that when you initially purchase an app, you will be prompted to enter your password, however, if you purchase any other apps within that timeframe, you should not be asked for your password.
Will they take money from me if i do so?
If you purchase an app, money will be taken from your account.
Cause i would like to have a pass for when i get an app and for when i purchase in game stuff.
I don't understand what you mean by "pass". Did you mean to type "password"?
So if i set it to 15 minutes what does tht exactly mean in what concerns the bill? And ty both for helping.

Already answered.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Let's say you have it set for 15 minutes. That means that when you initially purchase an app, you will be prompted to enter your password, however, if you purchase any other apps within that timeframe, you should not be asked for your password. If you purchase an app, money will be taken from your account. I don't understand what you mean by "pass". Did you mean to type "password"? Already answered.

Haha yes sorry password ^^ Got used to shortages or how you call them^_^

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha yes sorry password ^^ Got used to shortages or how you call them^_^

Okay, so you're saying: "Cause i would like to have a pass for when i get an app and for when i purchase in game stuff." Well, as acerace113 have already stated, simply go to Settings->General->Restrictions and then scroll down to "Require Password". Tap on it and then tap on "Immediately". Doing this will require that you enter a password for EVERY app purchased, but not for updating already purchased apps.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP what iOS version are you using? what phone? because since iOS 6 there is no prompt for passwords when updating apps. Which sounds like what you're asking.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so you're saying: "Cause i would like to have a pass for when i get an app and for when i purchase in game stuff." Well, as acerace113 have already stated, simply go to Settings->General->Restrictions and then scroll down to "Require Password". Tap on it and then tap on "Immediately". Doing this will require that you enter a password for EVERY app purchased, but not for updating already purchased apps.

The thing is that it DOES ask me for pass when i update:(

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
OP what iOS version are you using? what phone? because since iOS 6 there is no prompt for passwords when updating apps. Which sounds like what you're asking.

6.1.3. sorry for the late reply. the badges do not work for this app apparently:(...or my phone is messed up. Since the new update 6.1.3 i keep having problems with it.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2