Any good untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 for the iPod Touch 4th Gen?

ipwn3r456

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello community,

Since Apple announced iOS 7, I was pretty impressed by the changes that they made from the past 6 major iOS versions. But I was a bit sad that my device won't be supported, so I decided, why not give jailbreaking a try? I am totally new to jailbreaking, but as far as I know, most jailbreak softwares will work up to iOS 6.1.2? Is it right? I know the differences between tethered, semi-tethered, and untethered jailbreak, but I would like the untethered version, I don't want to connect to my PC everytime I reboot. So, other than the question I have on the title, I have other questions to ask. Will jailbreaking lose all the data? How can you revert jailbreak on iOS devices? What are some things I can do after jailbreaking? And lastly, it will be grateful if you guys can give me some tips for jailbreaking. Thank you.

jalen springfield

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You are 100% correct on untethered jailbreaks working through 6.1.2. Evasi0n is the only utility that will jailbreak from 6.0-6.1.2. Jail breaking your device will in no way delete any of your data. If you wish to revert to stock iOS, a simple restore through iTunes will do the trick. However, you will be pushed to iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4, an unjailbreakable state (except for iPhone 4, 3GS, and iPod touch 4 on 6.1.3 WHICH IS TETHERED). Some of the many things you can do with a jail broken iDevice are changing the look and feel of it, add more customization such as widgets, and allow you to fully open the device to its potential. Some tweaks you should get started with are SBSettings, an easy way to access toggles (seen in iOS 7); Auxo, a redefined multitasking switcher; and Winterboard, your one-stop shop for theming! Good luck and happy jail breaking! :cool:

ipwn3r456

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. So it seems that there isn't an untethered jaikbreak available for my device on ios 6.1.3. I don't don't want revert it back to the stock ios that came with my ipod, I believe it was ios 4, just too old. Some apps wont work with the old ios. So you mentioned that there is a tethered jailbreak for ios 6.1.3 for the ipod touch 4th gen. I want to ask, as long you keep the device on when you do the tethering boot via the computer, you can still use it like a jailbreaking device, right?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes. If device is turned off or battery dies, you will have to plug iPhone to computer and boot tether to get device working again. Just don't let the battery die or reboot and you'll be fine

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, a tethered jb isn't as bad as many think?as long as you do your initial installations at home (when some core Cydia apps may require a reboot) you likely won't need to reboot often after that. (As long as you don't let your battery die.)

ipwn3r456

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers. Does anyone know any good jailbreaks for iOS 6.1.3 right now for my device? Or I should wait later on for a better jailbreak?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2