Cannot Sync to Multiple Computers?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried to sync my iPhone to my computer today and it told me that I cannot sync to multiple computers and it offered to wipe my phone and sync. I said no, of course, but my problem is that this is the only computer I have ever synced my iPhone and iPad to. I have iTunes on multiple PCs, but I never sync with them. The only thing that has changed is that I subscribed to iTunes Match. I had been using iCloud for backup anyway, but iTunes was the only way I could add books, comics, ringtones, etc. now I cannot do that anymore. What's up with this?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It's always been that way as far as I know. You can only sync a given iDevice with a specific instance of iTunes on a specific computer-whether PC or Mac.

If you were previously syncing with multiple computers, if love to know how you were doing that.

I've only ever synced with this one computer. Only now it insists that it isn't the computer I've been syncing with.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you recently installed an OS upgrade or the computer? that really shouldn't have an effect, but I suppose its possible. Otherwise, that's puzzling.

However if you do have an iCloud backup, you could go ahead and let it wipe the phone when doing the sync and then later restoring from the iCloud backup.

I had thought of that, except I don't want to lose my game progress.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2