Please Help! iPhone 5 Really Acting Odd

xtreme469

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Im having a really odd problem. My phone was working fine last night before i went to bed. When i got up i noticed that i didnt have any emails. When I went to open the app, it was just blank and it wouldnt load. After about 15 seconds it would just kick me out of the app. Also if i opened candy crush or something like that the screen would go dark, like a yellow or redish haze to it and then reboot itself. It even does it in safe mode. I have no idea what it might be. I got rid of the tweaks that i installed recently and it still does it. I thought it might be over heating so i stuck by my ac and it was working better for a while but still cant get into the mail app. Also it seem to take forever to do anything. Trying to get it to back up right now dont know it that is even gonna work.

Someone please help!

Thanx,
R

xtreme469

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I did try to reboot, and i got rid of all the tweaks i installed recently. When I even try to go into the mail options in settings it freezes up and kicks me out. Its like a crap shoot. My messages were working al be it slower, but now when i go into them it freezes and then i get dark vertical bars and it reboots itself.

If i have to restore my phone back to factory through iTunes am i forced to update to 6.1.3?

xtreme469

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
So I basically I left my phone alone for about an hour and for some reason it stopped randomly rebooting. I took that chance to uninstall any tweak put on in the last week and any that i remember updated too. Everything else is working but my mail now. i tried going into some apps that let you send email from it and they pretty much all say the same thing that there is no mailbox configured on this phone. The thing i found the most interesting is that when i go into settings/notifications and look at the options, it shows all of my mailboxes that were setup before all this started. So they are still there but not being opened when i tap the mail app. This has me totally stumped:confused:

Thanx
R.

xtreme469

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
When I try to do that in settings it just freezes and kicks me out. I was read somewhere that i should try deleting "mail" from "var/mobile/library" and that it will be forced to be rebuilt after I reboot. Imbacking it up now and im gonna try that.

I just tried to download or update something from the app store and i cant do that either.

Thanx,
R.

xtreme469

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the "mail" like i said i was gonna try above and nothing. Same problem keeps happening. I think I may have lost my jailbreak:(

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I deleted the "mail" like i said i was gonna try above and nothing. Same problem keeps happening. I think I may have lost my jailbreak:(

It may be. I would go ahead and restore, but set it up as new. See if it acts up again. If so, then this is a hardware issue and you should take it to Apple. In that case, you would probably get a new phone, and it could​ have 6.1.2 on it. :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
settings / general / scroll down to reset / reset all settings.

Don't restore, you'll lose your jailbreak.

No. No no no.

This advice will put him/her into a boot loop and s/he would have to restore anyway.

Please don't suggest this, especially when you know the device is jailbroken.

xtreme469

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all, The problem was a corrupt preference file. I restored over it with PKGBackup and it is working fine now. Email and the App store. PKGBackup saved my **** big time with this. I would have lost my jailbreak without them.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all, The problem was a corrupt preference file. I restored over it with PKGBackup and it is working fine now. Email and the App store. PKGBackup saved my **** big time with this. I would have lost my jailbreak without them.

​I am glad you were able to fix your problem. Backups are awesome that way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77