Anybody Having Battery Issues Please Read This Post -Might Help You

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For anybody having battery issues I posted this yesterday in a like thread on here. Because Blink was having terrible battery issues and another friend on here gave some good advice i decided to call Apple tech support although I personally am not having any per se battery issues. Mostly normal.

Apple can send you an SMS to your phone as long as you are calling from a land line, You are under the 90 days of free tech support or have Applecare + like I do and there is a link in the SMS that you hit and it will send the tech everything pertinent on your phone less any personal info so don't worry. They can read complete diagnostics on your phone including the health of your battery and let you know if it "Passes" their testing. They will also advice you on what else you can or should do to keep your battery optimized.

I was pleased with the experience and think if you are having battery woes, Use Apple up as that is what they are there for.

Anyone doing so please post back and let us know of your experience so this can be passed on to others.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
1. Not for JailBreak.

2. Apple will follow simple trouble shoot as anyone can here - [URL="https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p]Apple - Batteries - iPhone[/URL]

3. iMessage will hit battery hard

4. They will advise you not to use push email

Last I would try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings first.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Not for JailBreak.

2. Apple will follow simple trouble shoot as anyone can here - [URL="https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#mn_p]Apple - Batteries - iPhone[/URL]

3. iMessage will hit battery hard

4. They will advise you not to use push email

Last I would try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings first.

Good point John and TY for filling that in. iMessage and actually Siri also hits hard they told me.

Also I noticed this morning I was using Twitterffic and in it no more than 5 mins. to look at DMs and Tweets and it dropped my battery % down 4%. I got out and shut it down from my app switcher so there are alot of things to think about but thanks again John for the post.

PS John what will reset ALL settings do exactly?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No need to remove anything from App Switcher. The OS manages the Applications itself.

As for resetting...

Depends, you can either reset the whole device as new or just reset network settings. Both require some new setup. Setup as new and not restoring is a good place they make you start as well.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No need to remove anything from App Switcher. The OS manages the Applications itself.

As for resetting...

Depends, you can either reset the whole device as new or just reset network settings. Both require some new setup. Setup as new and not restoring is a good place they make you start as well.

I was told by Apple and my carrier both - Verizon, Network setting is nothing more then Tower info where VZW recommends once a month to to *228 option 2 to update the PRL tower info for signal strength and that's it. Hey if that helps too all the good.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was told by Apple and my carrier both - Verizon, Network setting is nothing more then Tower info where VZW recommends once a month to to *228 option 2 to update the PRL tower info for signal strength and that's it. Hey if that helps too all the good.

On an iPhone5 - *228 is not necessary - and is rumored to possibly be fatal to SIMs - so don't do it. On Non-LTE devices, a periodic *228/option 2 won't hurt anything.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
On an iPhone5 - *228 is not necessary - and is rumored to possibly be fatal to SIMs - so don't do it. On Non-LTE devices, a periodic *228/option 2 won't hurt anything.

TY Keith for the insight and since LTE is 4G you are right. They both recommend doing what I mentioned only to 3G phones which I failed to mention. TY for clearing that up.