Volume Controls Missing - iPhone 4(Verizon) just updated to 6.1.2

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So this is odd. My girlfriend just updated her phone to iOS 6.1.2 and now her volume controls are missing completely when headphones aren't plugged in. The buttons on the side will bring up the "Ringer" notification with the meter on the bottom missing, and when entering music, the volume control on the bottom is gone. Plugging in headphones works fine for both scenarios. Attached are some screenshots. Any ideas?

IMG_2483.PNGIMG_2484.PNG

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Agreed and as 'D likes to say....Rebooting usually takes care of a multitude of issues....Have a great day.;)

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry should've said that - Tried a reboot, same issue.

EDIT: Just tried again, along with a hard reset (Holding Sleep/Wake+Home until Apple logo) same issue.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try inserting the headphone plug into it's jack, and spin the plug in the jack... and insert & remove it a few times in quick succession... finally, maybe give the jack a blast from a can of air... if that doesn't do it - about all that's left to do is restore the phone and set it up as new via iTunes... and failing that, an Apple GeniusBar appointment may be in your future...

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Try inserting the headphone plug into it's jack, and spin the plug in the jack... and insert & remove it a few times in quick succession... finally, maybe give the jack a blast from a can of air... if that doesn't do it - about all that's left to do is restore the phone and set it up as new via iTunes... and failing that, an Apple GeniusBar appointment may be in your future...

In & Out with some headphones took care of it. Thanks, kch!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry should've said that - Tried a reboot, same issue.

EDIT: Just tried again, along with a hard reset (Holding Sleep/Wake+Home until Apple logo) same issue.

Maybe I also should have said when I talk about a reboot I mean a hard reset and I should have been more clear. I did not mean to just turn off, then back on but a hard reset. However after Keith"s suggestion you may Apple help from the Genius bar if you have an Apple store nearby.

idic314

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I've toured all sorts of forums to solve this same problem. I've done all the suggestions and the problem persists. But today I found a working solution, so I'm spreading the word, so others will find the solution. Unfortunately it only works for jailbroken devices. It involves deleting a plist file that controls the phone's interactions with certain accessories. Watch the video for details.

FIX for 'no iPhone sound problem' using iExplorer (also iPad & iPod) - YouTube

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4