Swype keyboard for iPad

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching all over the internet in hopes of finding a port of Swype keyboard for iPad, but didn't find any. (Other than a 2011 post)
So, asking you guys. Do you know of any keyboard alternative for iPad that works like Swype on Android? And I'm not asking about "Open the keyboard app. Type your text. Copy it. Paste it in the app you actually want the text to be in". (way too many steps). I'm looking for a total keyboard replacement. (Hoping that's not impossible in iOS).

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Octopus keyboard is what your looking for, i have it on my iphone, its in big boss's repo, i dunno if it works on ipad but its running fine on my iphone 5

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It says "Beta period expired" after install. No option of buying the licence. And from the demo video, it doesn't look like swype. But more like the blackberry 10 keyboard. And even then, the fact that the video shows typing entirely on a yellow notepad and not anything else, is it "type in app, copy, paste in your app of need" kind of kbd?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It says "Beta period expired" after install. No option of buying the licence. And from the demo video, it doesn't look like swype. But more like the blackberry 10 keyboard. And even then, the fact that the video shows typing entirely on a yellow notepad and not anything else, is it "type in app, copy, paste in your app of need" kind of kbd?

No its not it totally replaces your stock keyboard no need to copy and paste, hmm i dunno i bought the license back when i had the jailbreak for my 4 so im not sure, i thought it would work, and thought it was what you were looking for my apologies if i misunderstood and steered you in the wrong direction

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
iSwipe
Might not be ios6 ready. And it's not really swipe, but it's
Close-ish

It does work on iO6.1.

I also used a version with a german dictionary. But the german version is very buggy and I mostly write german text, so I deinstalled it because you can't turn the iSwipe keyboard off, like with SBSettings toogle.