Gmail push

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I currently have gmail pushing to my phone via exchange on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4. Later this year I will be upgrading to the new iPhone is there a way to push email without using exchange as google has ended it..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I currently have gmail pushing to my phone via exchange on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4. Later this year I will be upgrading to the new iPhone is there a way to push email without using exchange as google has ended it..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes. Download the official Gmail app by Google from the App Store. It includes push and multiple account management.

There are also some 3rd party solutions like Mailbox that support push for Gmail.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

dbcel

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
You can do what jclisenby said, or you can download the new Mailbox app (my personal preference). There's a long line to get in, but you'll surely get in before "later this year". On that note, why not restore your new iPhone from a backup of your current one when you get it?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You can do what jclisenby said, or you can download the new Mailbox app (my personal preference). There's a long line to get in, but you'll surely get in before "later this year". On that note, why not restore your new iPhone from a backup of your current one when you get it?

Yes. Mailbox is a great option. I have Gmail and Mailbox both running and I'm trying to pick a favorite right now. Both have their ups and downs.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Download the official Gmail app by Google from the App Store. It includes push and multiple account management.

There are also some 3rd party solutions like Mailbox that support push for Gmail.

The OP can also just set up his gmail normally on his Phone as IMAP and just turn on Fetch and push. I have mine set up for Manual to conserve battery power but ... Justsayin.

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The OP can also just set up his gmail normally on his Phone as IMAP and just turn on Fetch and push. I have moine set up for Manual to conserve battery power but ... Justsayin.

The best you can get is every 15 minutes with Fetch. The Gmail app has instant push, something you can't get on iOS for Gmail.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The best you can get is every 15 minutes with Fetch. The Gmail app has instant push, something you can't get on iOS for Gmail.

No argument here and I do agree with you, Just thought of another alternative and 15 mins is not too bad unless you are someone who gets alot of email more frequently than 15 mins, then I would agree to DL the gmail app for instant push.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2