I feel less inclined to update to iOS 6 from 5.1.1 after cydia updates

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence about updating to iOS 6 since many of the tweaks I use are not working or not compatible with iOS 6, namely:

browswerchooser
camtime
cleanstatus
data usage monitor
multicleaner
nolockscreen
notifier+
showcase
sleepdepriver
startdial
weathericon

It also seems that after various updates from tweaks which do work on iOS 6, I have not been crashing at all since I've started noticiing about 2-3 days ago.

Who else is on the same about with me? I already updated my wife's iphone 4, but her goal was to speed up the phone after a clean restore.

Also, if any of those tweaks have been updated, please post it on this thread, I would appreciate it.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
You'll want to decide sooner weather then later, because once 6.2 becomes available, iOS 6.1 will stop being available & we don't know which update will have the vulnerabilities evasion takes advantage of patched & fixed so that we wouldn't be able to jailbreak for a wile, might be 6.2, might be an update soon after that. That's why I jumped on 6.1.1 & jailbroke, so that I'd be sure to have access to a specific theme that requires iOS 6+ when it comes out. But if you can't live without those tweaks, you might be stuck where you are.

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I was concerned even with the release of 6.1.1

It's really hard for me to give up everything I've created on this phone, I love it the way it is. But I do want to keep with the times...

Decisions decisions...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm
Not even on the fence anymore! As long as i have my ip4 I am sticking on 5.1.1!
I don't see any real reasons to jump to ios6.
Also I'm pretty jaded about how ios6 upgrades to some of my tweaks have made them not as good as they once were!
Looking right at you springtomize and lockinfo!!!

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the backup 3cit. I know some people are out there who feel the same way I do. I still haven't experienced a crash or the need to respring after all the cydia updates.

Seems like developers who updated their tweaks to 6.x have fixed any bugs on 5.1.1! My 4s feels brand new, haha.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm
Not even on the fence anymore! As long as i have my ip4 I am sticking on 5.1.1!
I don't see any real reasons to jump to ios6.
Also I'm pretty jaded about how ios6 upgrades to some of my tweaks have made them not as good as they once were!
Looking right at you springtomize and lockinfo!!!

What about Springtomize do you see as a step backward?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The status bar.
When it was updated it lost certain status bar "blocks" like the battery and wifi signals.
I have found over time that most tweaks that do similar things to aspects that springtimize affects will Often conflict.

Abe94

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just updated all 58 updates on iPad2 5.1.1 and am now crashing every 20 mins or so....Don't see a need for IOS6x. Love my set-up. Anyone know known issues..I have most all popular tweaks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77