Custom icons using iconmaker?

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded iconmaker to use the image of my choice on apps I use. When deleting the original icons out of the applications folder on iFile and pasting the new ones they aren't showing after respring. They are still under that file path and the other ones aren't.

Any suggestions? Any easier way to apply custom images to make my own icon?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I've downloaded iconmaker to use the image of my choice on apps I use. When deleting the original icons out of the applications folder on iFile and pasting the new ones they aren't showing after respring. They are still under that file path and the other ones aren't.

Any suggestions? Any easier way to apply custom images to make my own icon?

U have to make sure they are in the right folder AND named properly or the change won't take affect

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why, but once I disabled the theme I was using and resprung the icon was there.

Then I went back to apply the theme and resprung and it was fixed. Weird.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why, but once I disabled the theme I was using and resprung the icon was there.

Didn't think u had a theme applied. I'd u are making it own icons then yes, u have to disable the theme for them to show up. Theme bundles will override it changes

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Didn't think u had a theme applied. Yes if u are using it own icons, then u must disable the theme in winter board.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
do u by chance know how to download icons from the internet and get them into your ifile? I cant seem to figure it out

Download and use iconmaker from cydia. There is an option to make the icon, and open directly into iFile with whatever image you use.

Then just move that file into the path it needs to be, delete the standard icon set for it and replace it with your new .png and you should be good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2