new to jail break

Raspy Ras

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hello , i have an ipod that has never been jailbroke , i have also downloaded umbrella to back the shsh ,
when i saved the shsh files it said that i have ( ipod 4g 6.0.1 ) but in the firmware section it has 5.1.1
i have never installed the new ios so . i don't know why it has 6.0.1
even in the general setting's it has firmware version 5.1.1

so is it still able to jailbreak ? what other steps should i do so that this ipod can be restored if needed
im wanting to be sure to save the ipod in current state .

thx for the advice

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's too late to save ur shsh blobs as Apple is no longer signing 5.1.1. Just dl the latest version of Absinthe for ur computer and ur set. Welcome to team jailbreak.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Using Absithe 2 will get you an untethered jailbreak.
Using redsn0w will get you a tethered jailbreak which you can later untether.

Raspy Ras

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
very greatfull for all your advice .

one more ? if you don't mind , if something does not take and needs to restore do i still use umbrella or itunes . when you click for itunes to restore it wants
to update to the new ios 6 with no other option "that i've noticed" .

again thx .

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well in a restore situation you would only be able to restore to ios 6.0.1 because you need signed blobs to restore to a version that is no longer being supported by apple.
however, the jailbreaks are fairly straight forward and you shouldnt encounter the need to restore....
just be careful the tweaks you install and if you ever end up in a situation, check all solutions BEFORE restoring!
ALOT of people panic and restore when its not needed

Raspy Ras

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
thx 3cit , i don't understand how i ended up with the ios 6 blobs when i never "knowingly" updated the ipod

itunes is set to never to update . the whole reason i kept it at 5.1.1 is when i decided to try this out .

Grim ReaperRecovery

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
hey i jailbroke back in july with absinthe 2 and now im having issues with my phone can someone help me? i need help understanding a crash report and if a re-jailbreak is possible now that apple is no longer signing 5.1.1 and i have absolutely NO PLANS in upgrading my issue is some of my apps are crashing and i dont understand why and the crash reports are foreign to me lol how do you load them onto your pc or can i email them to someone i am on an iPhone 4s with 5.1.1 and Cydia thanks Grim

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well you don't need to restore, this issue is fairly new, so you should think back to what your installed lately...
Some tweaks conflict in unknown and unseen ways.
Crashes happen. It may also be just that the apps that are crashing are optimized for ios6 and not playing well with your phone currently.
What tweaks do you have, a lot, only a few?

I have tweaks up the wazoozoo and j have crashes occasionally and end up on safe mode occasionally, my buddy has two tweaks and has never crashed. Wouldn't even know he was jailbroken....

Grim ReaperRecovery

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
im not sure what it was so i ended up uninstalling mobile substrate and starting over i made a list of all the tweaks i installed before i did and added them back one by one i found that some of my tweaks were outdated and didnt add them them back it all works great now and i have a backup as well just in case it happens again since my last backup contained tweaks that didnt work i ended up just over riding the last back up so that if it were to happen again i have a good base to start with. Lol i have a ton of tweaks i jailbroke the minute i got home i have so many tweaks that people see my phone and ask me where i got it from cause they have never seen an iPhone like mine its great ill never go back to a stock phone there are so many things you can do once youre JB if they ever figure out how to break 6 i may consider switching but i doubt it youtube and google are some of my fav apps and now that apple got rid of them im not looking forward to upgrading thanks for the help i really appreciate it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost