Ipad 2 cannot be synched to itunes after jailbreak

Denzer

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
We jailbreak the ipad 2 version 5.1 last august. We tried to add some stuff to it but it will not synched now to itunes. Itunes cant detect the device when i plugged in. The itunes is latest but still the itunnes cant detect the device. If i restore it, is there a possibility that the device will be back to its normal state? Is the jailbreak programs will be deleted or it will remain in the device? Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you restore the Jailbreak will be wiped off because Apple is no longer signing any iOS earlier than 6.0. Your iPad will return to normal but everything concerning Jailbreak (apps, tweak, etc.) will be gone. What I would suggest before doing that is the following, I know some will seem obvious if you've done it already just skip it and move on to the next one.

1. Reboot the device
2. Plug the device in with iTunes open and then power the device off, it should power back on and you just want to see if that will force it to be recognized in iTunes
3. Connect it to a different machine, don't sync it that will wipe everything off you just want to know if iTunes on another machine will recognize the iPad
4. If you're running Windows right click "My Computer" choose Manage then go to the Device Manager look for the drivers for the iPad and remove them
Reboot your computer and it should prompt to install the drivers again. Then see if iTunes will recognze the iPad
5. Connect the iPad with iTunes open then unplug the USB and plug it back in or even change the port

I have had the same issue intermittently but usually it's only for a few minutes and eventually my iPhone shows up. If you really value your Jailbreak I would even recommend re-installing iTunes before doing a restore.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like a sync cable issue...
Have you tried a different sync cable? Or a different USB port?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77