I wanna wipe out all existence of jailbreak iPhone 4s

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried jailbreaking for my first time, played around with it for a bit and i just didn't like it. I know that i need to restore from backup to get rid of jailbreak, but it leaves some jailbreak stuff in there. Is there a way to completely wipe out all jailbreak data? should i put iphone as new?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Restoring the phone as "New" is the best way IMHO. It's a PITA because you lose all your Apps settings but it works.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
What kind of things does it leave behind? I have restored a couple of times after I have jail broken and I always install as new just so that there is nothing left behind.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
All I did was click restore. Which then downloaded the file from apple. Erased and installed firmware. From there it asked if I wanted to restore from my previous backup. That I did and stored on another hard drive then placed back in the backup folder only because it automatically backed up after jail breaking so I had to delete that backup. So once I restored to my pre jailbreak backup it was as if nothing happened. All traces gone but all my apps back

Reactions: Sweet Vengeance
Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
All I did was click restore. Which then downloaded the file from apple. Erased and installed firmware. From there it asked if I wanted to restore from my previous backup. That I did and stored on another hard drive then placed back in the backup folder only because it automatically backed up after jail breaking so I had to delete that backup. So once I restored to my pre jailbreak backup it was as if nothing happened. All traces gone but all my apps back

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Still waiting on the apple software, 2 hours of staring at the comp T.T

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Some of you should get in the habit of backing up a pure before jailbreak. That way when you restore as new you can restore that pure backup before jailbreak and not lose your data and settings.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I did that, I backup up on stock iOS and then jailbroke it and I haven't restored it yet, I'll leave the back there just in case anything crazy happens.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I make sure that stock iOS backup is a computer backup. That way when I turn iCloud back on it can't be overwritten. Just in case some of you use iCloud for backups.

talonted91tsi

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree, restoring your device as a new device is the best way. Its time consuming but I would rather do it this way to get rid of all data related to jailbreak or even corrupted data...

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i must say i did jailbreak. But i am sick of screwing with phones after all my androids. So i took it back b/c the only real benefit for me was free apps. I figure if i cant afford it I dont need it so i took it back to stock. The phone works so well unjailbroken that i dont need to lol. there were always reasons with android to make something work better but really no need. Again this is just for me not everyone obviously

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Fully restore in iTunes then when it gives you the option choose set up as a new device or just use a backup from before you jail broke

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2