Reported Battery Usage in Settings

JnCrWe

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
To begin, I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. Searching has mainly led to various threads about battery problems and the like, and even the iPhone manual itself doesn't answer my question.

When I first got the iPhone a few days ago, I assumed the Usage and Standby times in the Settings were separate. However, it seems that Standby is the total time since the last full charge, with the Usage time as a subset of the Standby (total) time. I'm wondering if this is how it's supposed to work, as it seems oddly labeled.

Thank you.

Just in case I'm not being clear enough, here are screenshots from just after I took it off charge and just before I submitted this post. Note the times on the clock vs the reported times in the settings below.

znuhp4.jpg
mil1r6.jpg

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Standby is how long the phone has been off the charger. Usage is how long you have been checking email, listening to music, playing games, etc. But yes, the usage time is a subsection of the standby time.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Reactions: JnCrWe

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
correct.....your phone has been off the charger for 4 hours and 4 mins. of that time, 23 mins was used by you, and not the phone being idle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2