Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it has what u want but try amazing phone in the app store

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Why not just add these contacts to your phone book if they are that important? How can you even tell all the numbers apart???

Techlover#IM

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with cpc12 about the call log. People who use this feature they only know how important it is, those who are not into call log for them it's not at all important. But iPhone being one of the best smart phone in world it should include some of this features (longer duration call log in terms of many days) like many other smart phone gives. I use call log some times & it's very useful. Previously I was using BB & now iPhone so I know when this call log is not available (one week or 10 days back log).

I even came across same name identification in contacts. If you have same or similar name in contact, for example 2 similar name like "John Smith" where both the people are from different company you can not know which "John Smith" is calling you or when you want to call this person, you have to get into the contact & see which "John Smith" is from which company & whom you wish to contact, just because in contacts iPhone is not showing company name next to first & last name.

These are basic features one will expect in a smart phone but are missing in iPhone. If these features are not incorporated in iPhone does not mean I can return back & use BB, that any one can do it. Then why do we have to call iPhone as one of the best invented smart phone in world? People shift from other smart phones to iP coz of better features & not for returning back the phone when those basic features are missing. :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Since when has Apple ever really cared about adding some basic features? You can't add attachments, no LED notifications, profiles....none of that stuff. They've never been about that stuff.

B

bonesb

I even came across same name identification in contacts. If you have same or similar name in contact, for example 2 similar name like "John Smith" where both the people are from different company you can not know which "John Smith" is calling you or when you want to call this person, you have to get into the contact & see which "John Smith" is from which company & whom you wish to contact, just because in contacts iPhone is not showing company name next to first & last name.

So, unlink the unified contact contact cards. It won't solve your gripe totally, but it is what it is.

B

bonesb

OP, I'm not being snarky, maybe it's that I'm using iOS 5.1. My two devices each are showing about 35-50 of my latest calls (either way), with some of the calls to/from being "grouped" - one of my iPhones shows about 55 calls including times and durations, the other one showing over 70 calls with about 100 grouped calls.

About logging, it's not a pretty solution, have you checked out Mark/Space The Missing Sync? One of my PAs uses it, keeping the call/text records for archiving. We have one copy of TMS on a Mac and one on an XP PC, works fine on both machines. She or I create a contact for an important or follow up call and transfer it to the server we connect to, with any notes in the relevant contact's Notes field. Coming from BBs ourselves, I understand your opinion, TMS fills most of what I was looking for and I don't even miss BBs anymore.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Bones... stop being snarky...

kidding... thanks for some positive input, that is what I was looking for, not " well just return it " or " go buy a droid "

I mean come on, can't someone have a complaint, god forbid someone speaks out about apple, all of a sudden your a traitor who jumped ship.

I upgraded to an iphone for a reason, because its the best thing out there.

Recent calls just seem like a simple plug in, maybe Im missing something but if a blackberry from 02 has a longer call list then something is wrong, sorry if its not important to all but it is to some.

Creating a million contacts is not the solution, being able to see who I called 3 months ago is...

I came here to look for a solution not get into a tiff with some steer queer from texas or with rock dog from the peanut gallery.

Ive seen people ask for a lot more than a larger recent call log and not get flamed...

B

bonesb

Bones... stop being snarky...

kidding... thanks for some positive input, that is what I was looking for, not " well just return it " or " go buy a droid "

I mean come on, can't someone have a complaint, god forbid someone speaks out about apple, all of a sudden your a traitor who jumped ship.

I upgraded to an iphone for a reason, because its the best thing out there.

Recent calls just seem like a simple plug in, maybe Im missing something but if a blackberry from 02 has a longer call list then something is wrong, sorry if its not important to all but it is to some.

Creating a million contacts is not the solution, being able to see who I called 3 months ago is...

I came here to look for a solution not get into a tiff with some steer queer from texas or with rock dog from the peanut gallery.

Ive seen people ask for a lot more than a larger recent call log and not get flamed...

Thanks, and I was trying to be helpful. :cool:

About the contacts bit, I did leave one thing out that I've found indispensable in our workflow in regard to contacts, and it's simple. The "archived" contacts, for lack of a better way to describe it, are installed in a separate server (or it could be iCloud/Exchange/Google) account and with groups, and we leave them "off" by default, and turn on the account when needed then turn it off when we're done - essentially eliminating the huge contact list associated with a GAL or account on a mobile device.

FWIW, I used to use Vlingo Pro on my BBs or VoiceSignal on my Treos to look up so much of this stuff, and REALLY miss being able to extend the phones system like that. iOS is really close to being all that for what we need...

I'm not happy with the state of CRM apps on iOS either, this thing you're looking for could be solved by a good CRM app that can sync back to your desktop somehow. Check out the Contacts Journal app, I think there's a free version - a couple of my guys swear by the paid version, which I think costs $6.

And, um, good luck with the rest of this, um, thread.

B

bonesb

Sorry I didn't get this, "unlink the unified contact contact cards". Can you pls. explain it?

Open the Contacts app. In All Contacts, navigate to and select the "problem" contact - the "unified" "John Doe", who's really two "John Does", then scroll all the way to the bottom of the contact data, and you should see the multiple (two or more) "Linked Cards." Select the Edit option, then again scroll all the way to the bottom, and tap the "minus" sign to the left of one of the Linked Cards, and you'll see "Unlink" show up to the right of the contact. You've then "broken" the link to the two "John Doe" contacts and they will then appear as separate contacts in All Contacts.

I use linking to tie company employees (principle/assistant) and family members together (parent/child), iOS uses some common data in the contact fields to link them together. Links happen, sometimes links were meant to be broken... :rolleyes:

Techlover#IM

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Open the Contacts app. In All Contacts, navigate to and select the "problem" contact - the "unified" "John Doe", who's really two "John Does", then scroll all the way to the bottom of the contact data, and you should see the multiple (two or more) "Linked Cards." Select the Edit option, then again scroll all the way to the bottom, and tap the "minus" sign to the left of one of the Linked Cards, and you'll see "Unlink" show up to the right of the contact. You've then "broken" the link to the two "John Doe" contacts and they will then appear as separate contacts in All Contacts.

I use linking to tie company employees (principle/assistant) and family members together (parent/child), iOS uses some common data in the contact fields to link them together. Links happen, sometimes links were meant to be broken... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation. My contacts are not linked, they are separate only but as they have similar names it is difficult to know which name belongs to which company when both are from different company. So when I receive call I get confused which one has called or when I want call any one of them I have to go inside the contact & have to see the company name. Just because Apple did not include company name in contact "Display" list. If company name was there with firs / last name & company it would have solved all this. :)

jd78

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to refrain from commenting on this thread... Oh well...

OP, just because the BB did it one way does not mean it's the best way or the right way to do something. It just appears to be that way to you.

I'll admit that most phone OS's should have more call log options than are typically available (BB included), but storing a call log that old is not going to be important to the average consumer and I don't expect Apple to make it a priority.

When I read how you use your call log, I kept thinking that there had to be a better way... Please don't take this as an attack as you seem to be a bit defensive, but relying on a call log to remember past clients or appointments does not seem very efficient to me. I would think you could use an app or program to possibly keep records of your clients/appointments that you could refer back to instead of the call log.

If you are set in your ways and want to work out of the call log, then the iPhone doesn't sound like it's going to work for you. Even though the other suggestions to get a different phone may not have been deemed constructive at the time, it may be the best option if you want to continue to use your "system".

dansmith37

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Recent Call ****.... Please help

I think that most people on this thread do not work in either outside sales or business. For those of us who are "road warriors" and need to take business and sales calls on-the-fly when out of office, a longer call log is absolutely essential. All of my co-workers who have iphones agree, and we have had discussions about this iphone limitation. Most people on this thread seem to be in either IT or are in the consumer market for apple devices. However since apple is currently fighting hard to move beyond the consumer market and into the enterprise space, it would make sense for them to at the very least extend call logs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recent Call ****.... Please help

I think that most people on this thread do not work in either outside sales or business. For those of us who are "road warriors" and need to take business and sales calls on-the-fly when out of office, a longer call log is absolutely essential. All of my co-workers who have iphones agree, and we have had discussions about this iphone limitation. Most people on this thread seem to be in either IT or are in the consumer market for apple devices. However since apple is currently fighting hard to move beyond the consumer market and into the enterprise space, it would make sense for them to at the very least extend call logs.

I'm not in the sales profession, but I do see your point. Well stated, sir...:)

Justin Stephens

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a old thread but the solution to this was avaliable all along for iOS5 users. It's a jailbreak tweak called call delete. You can extend the call log to 500 calls.

Now iOS6 users still have this issue and call delete tweak hasn't been updated and crashes the phone app. I'm in sales and need this feature as well! Can one of the awesome developers help us out. At least us jailbroken folks?

galaxyrules

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
yes, this blog is pretty dated, but i wanted to add my two cents. i used the galaxy s2 for 3 years and loved it. After i eventually caused physical damage to it and went in to replace it, i figured i would give the iPhone a spin (iPhone 5s to be exact). After all, I've been using mac comps for years and years so lets see what all the fuss is about with this iPhone. Well, Ive been using the iPhone for 4 months now and have been completely disappointed in so many ways - the icons are tiny, the touch screen is not as accurate, no swype!, fragile glass screen, and yes, a big problem for me and what led me to this blog…. short recent call list. I need past calls going back months. I own and operate several businesses - collect $, sell products, buy products, clients, etc. I am always jumping back into recent calls to dig up some contact from whenever. Not important enough to add to contacts because there is a good chance you may never have a need for most of them, but you never know which ones that you might. It is soooooo very convenient for those of us who use it. You would think with all the technology that they pack into these phones that why wouldn't it have and endless recent call list??? The service provider has all my recent calls, the NSA has them, why can't i have em too? Don't get me wrong, i am an apple fan. But I think its really no contest when put against the galaxy - (I've used both now). And for all you sensitive apple fans that will bash me and tell me to go back to the galaxy - no worries - i have another 8 months to go and i will be switching back to the galaxy. I might not even wait that long.

ptokala

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I was searching for a similar feature for my iphone for a long time now. It is surprising to see not many people knew the benefits of the feature. Only those who used androids before iphones knows the value. Did you find any solution to this at all? If yes, please do share!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2