NowListening iPod tweak for iOS 5!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
2a942n6.jpg

A jailbreak tweak called ?NowListening? has just been released in the Cydia Store, which adds banner notifications for the Music app in iOS 5.

If you often listen to music in ?Shuffle? mode, you?ll find this tweak incredibly useful ? the notifications appear when a new song within the Music app starts playing, meaning you can quickly check your iPhone if you?re unsure of the song. There?s no way to enable this feature in Notification Center without jailbreaking and installing this tweak.

One downside to the app is that it doesn?t support third-party music applications, like the Spotify iPhone app, meaning that it?ll only show notifications for music played from within the built-in Music app.

The good news though is that NowListening is available to download in Cydia for free. Take a look at the tweak now, and for information on jailbreaking under iOS 5, take a look at our how-to guide.

i <3 this tweak!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
as far as i have seen it only comes up when a song starts, literally. meaning if you press back right after a song starts, it'll pop up again

i hope it will support 3rd party apps eventually

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Massie, not sure if i missed this in the beginning, or if it was an add on with a recent update, but by default if you hold onto the statusbar (during a song) the banner will pop up at will

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
just loaded this back onto my phone, since a while ago, and noticed it now supports:

Pandora
Spotify
Last.fm
Grooveshark

Awesome!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up; just installed this. Funny how sometimes it's the smallest things that seem so right once you start using them.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a tweak that would let me control the music from my lock screen, as I have intelliscreenX and I have to switch to the default lock screen to change music. I've tried a lot of different tweaks but none that fit my needs. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a tweak that would let me control the music from my lock screen, as I have intelliscreenX and I have to switch to the default lock screen to change music. I've tried a lot of different tweaks but none that fit my needs. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you're looking for something that is Music.app specific i use MusicCenter for NotificationCenter. i hide it in my 'Top Shelf' of ISX so it's hidden while not in use

Plus you can Tweet (#NowPlaying) from it!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.6

the awesomeness continues..

with this update you can now swipe the banner to the right to go to the next track!

Reactions: 3cit

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's tweak is fabulous,,, it's a shame chpwn didn't make it... This is one he could actually be proud of!!!!!!
Ha ha ha I'm a hater!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77