Big problem (i think)

Roadkill#IM

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey:)

Ok i will try and make this as clear as possible and give detail of what i did.
I brought an iPhone 3g that was currently on version 4.1. I wanted to jailbreak it so i could download some apps and such, I followed a guide on jailbreaking with redsn0w which worked great. However i think i downloaded too many apps or did something wrong as my iPhone battery was dying after just hours of use. So i plugged my Iphone into the pc and clicked restore on iTunes. Now this is the problem i read there are certain methods and processes to use when restoring/downgrading/upgrading jailbroken iphones. I guess i should of checked first. Well anyway, after the restore i tried to use redsn0w again just as i did when i first got the phone, but it keeps crashing. I once again used google and found out you cant use redsn0w more than once on a device and that i had to update and find another way of jailbreaking my phone.
So i am sat here with a iPhone 3g 4.2.1 and cant find a soloution. I just want to jailbreak it i dont care about unlocking it. I dont care which version i am on either. ( I am new to all this so i didnt save my SH.. Whatever they are called as i had no idea i had 2)

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Roadkill

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Define what you mean by "I wanted to jailbreak it so i could download some apps and such". Your answer could determine the type of help you get here.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Why do you say you can only use redsn0w once? I've never heard that before...anyway, I'd try looking here for a tutorial.

If you're trying to run a million themes, etc on a 3G, you'll have to accept that your battery life is not going to be great.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
If you upgraded the BB to 6.15 ipad then you will have battery issues until they put out a fix for it.

Hey:)

Ok i will try and make this as clear as possible and give detail of what i did.
I brought an iPhone 3g that was currently on version 4.1. I wanted to jailbreak it so i could download some apps and such, I followed a guide on jailbreaking with redsn0w which worked great. However i think i downloaded too many apps or did something wrong as my iPhone battery was dying after just hours of use. So i plugged my Iphone into the pc and clicked restore on iTunes. Now this is the problem i read there are certain methods and processes to use when restoring/downgrading/upgrading jailbroken iphones. I guess i should of checked first. Well anyway, after the restore i tried to use redsn0w again just as i did when i first got the phone, but it keeps crashing. I once again used google and found out you cant use redsn0w more than once on a device and that i had to update and find another way of jailbreaking my phone.
So i am sat here with a iPhone 3g 4.2.1 and cant find a soloution. I just want to jailbreak it i dont care about unlocking it. I dont care which version i am on either. ( I am new to all this so i didnt save my SH.. Whatever they are called as i had no idea i had 2)

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Roadkill

Roadkill#IM

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. I wanted to jailbreak it to download cydia apps and have custom themes. I dont mind about low battery now i just want to re jailbreak it. I tried red snow again last night with a custom 4.2.1 firmware and it hung on "uploading ramdisk" i will read that tutorial now and see what i come up with. Thanks

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Turn off 3G when you dont need it to save battery

Dont use a custom firmware, just d/l the new one and then use redsnow to break it, and then d/l ultrasnow if you want it unlocked.

Thanks for the replys. I wanted to jailbreak it to download cydia apps and have custom themes. I dont mind about low battery now i just want to re jailbreak it. I tried red snow again last night with a custom 4.2.1 firmware and it hung on "uploading ramdisk" i will read that tutorial now and see what i come up with. Thanks

Last edited:

Roadkill#IM

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi iive tried all the suggestions mentioned above still having the same problem though, redsnow crashing on updating ramdisk. Any other suggestions?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
A 3g is easy to downgrade. You have to change the HOSTS file on your PC (google it) to point to cydia's servers, then you need to have already d/l an OS, I'd recommend something like 4.0.1 (GEOHOT has them at his website). You just open itunes, then press shift keey and choose the 4.0.1 and then itunes will restore to that. Then use jailbreakme.com, open cydia and get ultrasn0w

super easy on a 3g.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it's a 3G and you don't care about unlock so just use pwnage tool. Which firmware you want to JB on 4.1 or 4.2.1? if you don't have a Mac PM me and I'll make you an ipsw finished JBing 6 iPhone 3G phones this weekend.

I also had problems running Redsn0w if you're trying to upgrade the BB to the iPad BB I think Redsn0w fails on that because it's trying to download 3.2.2 which Apple prob doesn't offer anymore.

Roadkill#IM

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
A 3g is easy to downgrade. You have to change the HOSTS file on your PC (google it) to point to cydia's servers, then you need to have already d/l an OS, I'd recommend something like 4.0.1 (GEOHOT has them at his website). You just open itunes, then press shift keey and choose the 4.0.1 and then itunes will restore to that. Then use jailbreakme.com, open cydia and get ultrasn0w

super easy on a 3g.

Worked perfect for 4.0.1 thank you very much :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost