Selling Jailbroken 3Gs - How to clear info without restore?

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got an Iphone 4 and I'm going to sell my jailbroken 3Gs. I'd like to keep the jailbreak (it isn't unlocked though) so that I can hopefully get more $ for my old phone.

How do I clear all of my personal information (who the phone is registered to, iTunes logins, etc) from the phone without performing a reset/restore? An out of state friend jailbroke my phone for me, and I don't have the time or patience to try to do it again on my own. So I'd like to remove all personal info from the phone while maintaining the JB status.

Any ideas?!

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i sold mine to a friend, but i still removed everything off it personal wise, but the apps i left on, i had to go through each name and number in the contacts and get rid one by one, all the apps that required a log in i removed

NHL Fever

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I just sold a 3GS as jailbroken. There is an app in Cydia that removes all your contacts for you. Sorry to the guy who deleted them one by one! Be careful though because as soon as you click on it, your contacts are gone, there is no menu screen or warning.

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
i vote complete delete and restore as well. i even deleted the entire iOS and reloaded, just so i'm sure it was all gone.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just sold a 3GS as jailbroken. There is an app in Cydia that removes all your contacts for you. Sorry to the guy who deleted them one by one! Be careful though because as soon as you click on it, your contacts are gone, there is no menu screen or warning.
thud thud thud, that is the sound of me banginf my head on my desk lol

i should have known there would be an app somewhere for that, i found an app from the app store that allowed me to bluetooth all my contacts to my new phone as i didn't want to sync it due to not having the JB apps on the pc, it would have wiped them off the old phone had i done that.

but yeh if there are no apps you NEED to keep for the sale of the phone you may as well restore and re-jailbreak, takes 2 mins to JB if that

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2