• I don't care

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • What is JB??

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I'm ready for a JB! I'm still on Spirit 3.1.3. I love my qTweeter, Google Voice, Winterboard, etc. You get the idea. I know there are compatible apps to qTweeter that don't require JB, I can use the GV webapp, and now Apple lets me use custom a wallpaper in 4.0. Fine.

But what about custom tones for Calendar, SMS, email...? When will this be an option, Apple? Seriously, we all spend hundreds of $$$ for these smart phones and then we can't even add our own sounds?! Rediculous. My Palm Treo let me do that 6 years ago! Thanks to ToneFX (JB App) I can do this with ease.

And from what I hear, the multi-tasking Apple has provided in 4.0 isn't all it's been hyped to be. Backgrounder provides true multi-tasking. Hard to live without once you get used to it.

And here's just a few other great reasons to JB since Apple likes to restrict your true smart phone experience:
- FiveIRows
- Five-Column Springboard
- Five Icon Dock
- FontSwap
- GVMobile+
- SBSettings (should be a default iPhone app!)
- LockInfo, LockInfo, LOCKINFO!!

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Where did you get Thursday as a day for the j/b release? Is there some fact in it or are you hoping by starting a rumor about it that it will happen?

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Life goes on...

I'm ready for a JB! I'm still on Spirit 3.1.3. I love my qTweeter, Google Voice, Winterboard, etc. You get the idea. I know there are compatible apps to qTweeter that don't require JB, I can use the GV webapp, and now Apple lets me use custom a wallpaper in 4.0. Fine.

But what about custom tones for Calendar, SMS, email...?

jglow74 puts it pretty well. As long as Apple is more interested in stopping j/b'ing than in why its customers would like to j/b in the first place, we will continue to j/b.

For all it's technological beauty and functionality, the iPhone can be even better, more functional and, yes, more more beautiful. Apple prefers the "one size fits all." They were not, at first, too eager to allow third-party apps, until they saw how much money they could make!

Why can't Apple allow the same functionality that can be found through jailbreaking? Even when they seem to, like with the "multi-tasking" to be had in 4.0, it's sub-par. The Apple m/t mode is not as useful and as powerful as "Backgrounder."

Why can't Apple give us the ability to have user "profiles" on the phone, to read our calendars and silence the phone for meetings or at bedtime?

Why can't we get intelligent "lock screens" and see the weather and news headlines when we first bring up the screen?

Why can't we have five by five icon screens, if we want them? (The iPad at even four by five icons is a lot of wasted space!)

The list goes on and on....

These functions are not rocket science and won't break the phone--only enhance it.

So, for many people, j/b will continue as long as possible. For most of us, it's not being a "rebel" or the desire to slap Steve Jobs in the face. It's a compliment to his talent, and like the child you bring into the world, you want that child to grow and find their role in life, to meet their true potential, and not be hovered over and locked away. Otherwise you risk raising a really dysfunctional creature.

Oh, and for GeoHort. He was a pioneer and a cleaver one, but there are others ready to take up the challenge... and they will.

Michael in Maine

understando

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's to hoping for a Thursday release!

Can't wait to try out intelliscreen!
(as a blackberry convert I really miss the notification system)

Last edited:

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
It's about controling the mass'. The man in power Dictakes His power by control. Sad think, we in the US dor't understand that concept because we never FULLY lived under it. That's why corporations such as Apple, Verizon and A T & T even our Government is dictating how individuals do, use and yes even think.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
@IGoSlo - It's not a matter of power.

For you and all others who talk about "evil" ATT, Apple and all of the other companies that "dictate" what we do with our devices - buy a different product!!!

You are not forced to use an iPhone but you chose to as did I .

I will be glad to see my JB but it is not something that is owed to me and you should not make it sound like it is.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
And here's just a few other great reasons to JB since Apple likes to restrict your true smart phone experience:
- FiveIRows
- Five-Column Springboard
- Five Icon Dock
- FontSwap
- GVMobile+
- SBSettings (should be a default iPhone app!)
- LockInfo, LockInfo, LOCKINFO!!

All GREAT Examples!!!

But dont forget iRealsms w/ quick Reply <------#1

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
ModMyI has an interview with Cydia developer posted on their page. It's part 2. At the bottom of the article it says "only a couple more days". I hope those words stand true.

Sound off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2