Restart Loop after installing some Cydia Apps

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello my fellow TiPbers

I was installing a few purchased apps from Cydia (List below), and when I was all done, I restarted the phone. It was stuck in a restart loop, so I restored it again.

I chose not to sync any music or videos to my device yet, in case it happened again, and it did. Using the latest Blackra1n, and Cydia, as well as using the latest Cydia upgrades (It asked me to upgrade essentials, complete upgrade, I chose to complete upgrade), I installed the following apps:

- Elite Pro
- Lock Info
- Infinidock
- Make It Mine
- Backgrounder
- Pro Switcher
- OpenSHH
- Rename
- AppSync
- SBSettings
- Poof

Obviously when asked, I resprung, and even restarted a few times before I went on the cydia app spree. Any idea which of those programs is causing my device to restart infinitly? Only way to stop it is to DFU Restore, then having to re-download and resetup the phone all over again.

3GS 32GB 3.1.2 on 5.12.01 - Cydia installed, no sn0w or rock
iTunes 9.0.3 - latest Blackra1n used (downloaded it an hour ago from Geo's site)

PS: Come back LVCIFER - we miss you, and we have cake

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I personally have the following, from your list:

- Lock Info
- Infinidock
- Make It Mine
- Backgrounder
- Rename
- AppSync
- SBSettings

And none of those have ever given me problems. So, I would assume that your problems lie with any of the following:

-ElitePro
-ProSwitcher
-OpenSSH
-Poof

My hunch is pointing me to "Poof", and as an alternative to OpenSSH, you can use iFile. It won't let you add/remove things, but you can do that via USB an it's safer (unhackable).

Also, I know that David Ashman has recently submitted some updates to LockInfo, but I haven't ears anything about it causing the infinite loop.

I think that you should do a restore, if it's not too much trouble, then upgrade Cydia completely when it asks.

Then, add those apps one by one (I know it's a pain in the ass) and when you get stuck in the infinite loop, you'll know exactly which app has caused that.

That's just a suggestion though. :)

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
OK.. so let me update my post, after reading what you put there..

Using the following:

Elite Pro *
Lock Info *
Infinidock *
Make It Mine *
Proswitcher *
OpenSHH
Rename *
AppSync *
SBSettings *

Sources
http://iphone.org.hk/apt
Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us!

Poof automatically comes included with sbsettings, under libhide (you can see it as a dependency when installing), so I don't need to install it separately. Also, backgrounder comes with ProSwitcher, same reason as above with poof, so also not installed separately.

The addons with a * beside them I did the following tedious process:

Backup iphone in itunes
Cydia -> Search -> "Addon Name" -> Install
Reboot iPhone (Even if it didn't ask me too)
If phone successfully booted, then it got a gold (well, actually black) star

So, all the addons installed worked flawlessly, so it seems its OpenSSH that seems to be causing my phone to go to the dark side..

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Also:

story80fb67fb6a05013a798effbbdc9d566b.jpg

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
*chuckle*

Ahh, so... Don't install OpenSSH! :)

Or, you never know if any files were corrupted during the uploads, so if you really want to use OpenSSH, maybe try installing it from a different source?

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
the *only* thing I used OpenSSH for was to get custom SMS tones, and frankly, after all the work I just put into the phone, restoring, syncing, installing apps, etc, I can live without them..

Maybe next pay cheque I'll download and buy ToneFX from Cydia :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, you can do that with iFunBox or iPhoneBrowser for free. It's just that you have to USB connect the iPhone to your CPU is all same stuff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2