Need Help!!!!

macdude08

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I just jailbroke and attempted to unlock my iphone 3g (not s) so I can use it on t-mobile. I've successfully unlocked a 3gs before with blackra1n but blackra1n wont work with a 3g. Everything was going fine until i put my tmobile sim in my iphone. It's stayed at "Searching..." for almost 30 mins now. I just now got a message that says "waiting for iphone activation. this may take some time." How can I get my iphone 3g activated on tmobile? What am I doing wrong?

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
well number one, blackrain does work with a 3G, but blackrain is just a jailbreak program, NOT and unlock program. so did you actually PERFORM and jailbreak, then an unlock???

macdude08

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
i ended up using pwnage tool 3.1.5 to jailbreak. then i installed ultrasn0w so that i could unlock it. once cydia finished installing ultrasn0w, i rebooted the iphone, turned off 3g, and it's stuck at "Searching..."

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, first things first, what baseband do you have? Ultrasn0w handles certain basebands. Blacksn0w handles other basebands. And if you're using PwnageTool, you may have an older baseband, so give us some deails.