OK to update carrier settings with 3.1.2 Jailbreak?

ShawnTech1

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
I just updated my firmware from 3.0 jailbreak to 3.1.2 jailbreak. I'm getting a message when I connect to iTunes that there are updated carrier settings available. Is it ok to update, or can I screw myself with this? Is there any additional functinoality I will get out of it?

Thanks,
Shawn

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
If your talking about your firmware, here's your answer!
Cydia313info1.jpg

Cydia313info2.jpg

Cydia313info3.jpg

Cydia313info4.jpg

Cydia313info5.jpg

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a bad feeling you are upgrading your firmware to 3.1.3 right now, I hope I am wrong! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I just sent you private email, because I can see you logged out of the forum! I hope you get it & I hope I am misunderstanding your thread. If I am oooops, if not SSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP upgrading your iPhone's firmware in iTunes, ****************IMMEDIATELY***************

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my firmware from 3.0 jailbreak to 3.1.2 jailbreak. I'm getting a message when I connect to iTunes that there are updated carrier settings available. Is it ok to update, or can I screw myself with this? Is there any additional functinoality I will get out of it?

Thanks,
Shawn

"Is it ok to update?"

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek::eek:

"can I screw myself with this?"

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:eek::eek:

"Is there any additional functinoality I will get out of it?"

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek::eek:

unless you consider your iPhone being locked for a while or maybe forever an additional function.:eek::eek:

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks,
Shawn

???????????????????????????

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
ok so none of the above posters actually read the OP's question. He asked about the carrier file. The carrier file affects things like MMS, Tethering, being able to use your iPhone on a non iPhone plan etc.

@ ShawnTech1 who is your carrier?

I think it would be advisable to not update the carrier file, unless you seem to be missing functionality specifically....like MMS otherwise, leave it be.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
ok so none of the above posters actually read the OP's question. He asked about the carrier file. The carrier file affects things like MMS, Tethering, being able to use your iPhone on a non iPhone plan etc.

@ ShawnTech1 who is your carrier?

I think it would be advisable to not update the carrier file, unless you seem to be missing functionality specifically....like MMS otherwise, leave it be.

He say's it happen's when he is connecting to iTunes, so this means his iPhone is not gonna update to 3.1.3 firmware? Is updating to carrier file OK then? Are you saying it is OK for him to upgrade his carrier file, when he connects to iTunes with his Jailbroken iPhone? Is this definatley different than upgrading to 3.1.3?:confused::confused:

Last edited:

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
it's the carrier file NOT the firmware. If he states who his carrier is and the version of the carrier file, i'm sure you can find the info on google, as to what changes the carrier file includes and decide if he wants to update or not.

IT IS different from upgrading to 3.1.3 which is firmware.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
it's the carrier file NOT the firmware. If he states who his carrier is and the version of the carrier file, i'm sure you can find the info on google, as to what changes the carrier file includes and decide if he wants to update or not.

IT IS different from upgrading to 3.1.3 which is firmware.

So this carrier file is updated through itunes to ur iPhone, when connected to iTunes? Or is it an update to iTunes itself? Srry for the confusion, I would rather overreact & look like a noodlehead vs. do nothing & mess something up.

Ok, my bad? Lol! Thought the worst & just wanted to help, DOH! it's hard to say that with my foot in mouth!

Last edited:

ShawnTech1

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
DRTigerlilly, thanks for beating me to the punch on the clarification and the answer. Others, thanks for trying to help anyway.

I'm on AT&T and I think my carrier file is 5.5. BTW, just installed backgrounder and proswitcher and must say it's awesome!