Uninitiated newb requests flame

bobdole3141

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hehe, ok, i prepare myself to be (deservedly) told to go and search, read, etc. etc.

I have done a lot of reading since getting my iphone yesterday, and i have worked out that i have a 3gs 16gb, from england, i have a contract i'm happy with, i HAVE upgraded to 3.1.3 - which i read NOT TO DO 5 minutes after doing it!

My question is this:
Is it possible to jailbreak my phone given the above information (not unlock, just jailbreak)? That is, 3.1.3, 16gb 3gs, i'm a windows user, is there any further info required?
-- I have read conflicting information from many sources now, and i am unwilling to try it without knowing for sure because i don't want to mess up my iphone - i am a new user and over-protective!

My sub question is... Is it possible to screw up my iphone beyond recovery? ie. beyond resetting back to the state it was when i unboxed it (or updated it)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
First things first.

As far as I know as of this point, due to the fact you upgraded to 3.1.3 you cannot currently jailbreak your phone, since you have never jailbroken your device before.

Secondly, it's quite difficult to really screw up the phone, but it does happen on occasion. Usually you are able to recover it by putting the phone into what's called DFU mode and restoring to the most current firmware.

blackbrd13

Aug 1, 2008
Visit site
As far as i know you can use redsnow on a 2g, or 3g with the 3.1.3 update for the jailbreak only. If you need the unlock then it wont work. Now with the 3gs I dont think there is a jailbreak out yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2