Safe to JB my Iphone 3G?

1911luver

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I have an iphone 3G that has the 3.0 version software on it is it safe to jailbreak this phone?,I've read about the phone becoming bricked and useless and that this will void my warranty is this true? Also does jailbreaking unlock my Sim card slot as well to allow for use with other Sim cards?

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes you are safe to jailbreak your iPhone 3G.
If I were you I would upgrade to the newest firmware which is 3.1.2.
It has fixed many bugs and you will have the choice to enable MMS on your phone.

You can get the latest firmware via iTunes.
I suggest If you jailbreak then make sure you are running the latest iTunes which is iTunes 9.01.

After you have all of this done you can then jailbreak with Blackra1n.
Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n | TechnoBuzz.net

You might want to check this out also. ( If you are having trouble with jailbreaking your iPhone 3g )
YouTube - Blackra1n Fix!! For iPhone 3G

Gud luck... and make it ra1n. =)

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be good with jailbreaking. If you do brick then you can just restore your iPhone via iTunes. Blackra1n is a really good program to jailbreak also.
Also if you are with AT&T then your fine... If you rely on a different phone carrier such as T-Mobile or such then I recommend you not upgrading to the latest firmware.

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
The best way to do it, if you're on a Mac would be to use pwnage tool to create a custom firmware so that if you need to unlock or if you decide to ever sell the phone the baseband wont be updates, yes you will have all the features of 3.1.2 but also retain the ability to unlock later. If you update to 3.1.2 through itunes then you may never be able to unlock your phone again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77