Blackra1n to blackscreen

r3dwinter

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I have an Ipod Touch 2g with 3.1.2 firmware. I downloaded blackra1n and started the jailbreak process. It went through most of the process except when it said it had to reboot to finish. It did go through the screen of GeoHot and the ipts and iphs. It didn't reboot and it seems as though it sent my ipt2g into DFU mode. Itunes wants me to restore the ipt again. I restored my ipt 3x now to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Comments on Geohot's blog show this to be a problem for a few different users. I'd recommend trying to run blackra1n a few times and see if it takes. Some comments Geohot posted on his twitter page suggest that his tool is a little inconsistent, due to the complex nature of jailbreaking devices now, so sometimes you have to run it a few times.

You might also want to try doing a DFU mode restore and running the JB from that fresh firmware image -- without restoring from a backup. If that takes, then sync.

r3dwinter

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I gave it another go and the problem still persists and it seems another problem has been added to the mix. Now when I try to restore I get the Error 3004. My connection is fine and I restarted, reinstalled, installed 8.2 Itunes, reinstalled the newer itunes, ect... with no avail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4