Why Should I NOT Jailbreak my iPhone YET?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone and have the 3G S. I am going to jailbreak my iPhone but Im not sure if now is the time or if I should wait until 3.1 to be released.

Why should I not jailbreak my phone right now and wait until later?

Likewise, feel free to let me know why I should go ahead and do it now.

Thank you in advance. I'm sure your responses will also help others out as well.

Sincerely,
Steven G

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Because you will spend endless hours customizing your phone and then annoy your non JB friends when you show them how crappy their phones are.

In all seriousness, there is no reason. Just get your IBEC and IBSS beforehand :cool:

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Lost JB Settings

If I JB now, will I lose the settings once 3.1 is released and I update? I want the ability to upgrade (as long as it does not prevent me from using the JB) but I do not want to lose my settings.

Thanks for the advice and program tips.

Does anyone else have any comments or opinion?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well if you JB now when 3.1 rolls along if you decide to upgrade you will infact lose your JB and settings. Your only real option to upgrade is to wait then JB. I myself used purplera1n and I have a feeling when 3.1 comes along geohotz will make it ra1n again in a very simple way... again.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
There's always going to be another release coming. And for each one you'll pretty much have to restore from scratch and then jailbreak the new version. So if you wait until 3.1 to jailbreak you might as well wait until 3.2, then 3.3 and so on. I'd go for it now.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys for the comments. I think i will go ahead and do it now assuming I find the information on how to do it. The guide section of the site is not updated with JB for 3GS.

Without assuming too much, I'm guessing that my songs, applications, contacts, mail settings any basically everything else that I have entered are backed up so that when I upgrade to 3.1, I can restore that portion of my informatoin and then just run the JB again.

Again, thank you.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I hope someone answers the last post. I went ahead and JB my phone with Purplera1n and it worked. WiFi, phone, battery, and apps all appear to work correctly.

I'll try more functions out tonight. It's pretty cool though. Cydia is like a whole other world that you do not have access to without the JB.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't be a wuss. Just JB if you want to. I have, and i can't stand being without it...

I've heard a lot of problems with all of the 3.0 JB on windows. I jailbroke the day iPhone Dev released Pwnage on the Mac and I only have a problem with a dock application crashing and throwing my phone into safe mode (not really scary though) and it's probably just a bug.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77