iPhone upgrade from 1.1.4 to 3.0 os with no Sim

ShoTime

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey forum this is my first post-
[The situation explained here is taken place in Spain]

A few years ago i bought my iPhone 1g (or 2g, I'm not sure) from USA unlocked to be used overseas. The firmware that came with the iPhone was 1.1.4. The SIM card I have been using this time has been Vodafone, and I'm not reachable with the iPhone original contracting SIM.

What I'm asking here is, "Is it possible to upgrade to 3.0, without having to activate the iPhone with the SIM PIN, and then jailbreak/unlock and then use my Vodafone SIM?"

Please reply if I did not make anything clear in this thread.
Thanks

Last edited:

ShoTime

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
I am very familiar on how to Jailbreak.

Could the steps just be like this-
Upgrade the iPhone to 3.0.
While it's asking me to activate, I jailbreak/unlock with redsn0w and the beutloaders.
After jailbroken/unlocked, insert sim and activate.

Is it possible to jailbreak the phone while it's not activated?

ShoTime

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
IMPORTANT!
Will i loose any data on my iPhone for updating form 1.1.4 to 3.0?
I have many information on the iPhone which I am not planning on loosing.
I need to know if I update the iPhone and then Jailbreak/Unlock, will I loose ANY Notes,Contacts, Messages ect. on the iPhone, please get back to me asap.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You can, but you always run the risk of losing it in anything you do. Even if you weren't jailbroken and using it on the correct carrier. The key is to back it up.

If you are referring to jailbroken items, like MMS saved in SwirlyMMS and other things of that nature, my experience has been that never saved.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Just make a backup of your phone, and make sure to transfer any app store purchases to i-Tunes as well. Basically, I did a fresh sync, then app transfers (if needed), then to a complete backup.

Then, I went into my phone and did a complete reset from the phone itself, then a restore to a new phone in iTunes. Then you should be able to upgrade to 3.0 without any issues. Once you've done that, you just jailbreak and unlock and you're done.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2